Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Ground Sheet For Tarp Shelter

  1. #11
    Guide Taliesin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    3,505
    Thanks
    1,010
    Thanked 632 Times in 363 Posts

    Default

    If you can scrounge a large piece of Tyvek, that makes an excellent ground cloth.

  2. #12
    Scout Slickheadhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    401
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 209 Times in 74 Posts

    Default

    A blue poly tarp on the ground and my pad and blanket slip into my sunforger canvas bed roll.

  3. #13
    Scout
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    924
    Thanks
    525
    Thanked 555 Times in 196 Posts

    Default

    I have always used a el cheapo poly tarp for a ground tarp and a cheap mylar blanket on top of that, pulled up as a backstop too. Keep one warm and toasty with a good mat and bag. (if i had my choice of absolute comfort, I'd hang a hammock under there and sleep till noon!
    Last edited by DeriusT; 04-22-2012 at 08:56 AM.

  4. #14
    Bushmaster Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Woods Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Konnecticut
    Posts
    5,198
    Thanks
    11,831
    Thanked 18,901 Times in 3,538 Posts

    Default

    Tyvek.

    Last edited by Woods Walker; 04-05-2012 at 11:17 PM.
    Bushclass USA Intermediate:

    "Do not mess with the forces of Nature, for thou art small and biodegradable!"

  5. #15
    Guide Supporter ohski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    2,529
    Thanks
    2,841
    Thanked 881 Times in 339 Posts

    Default

    90% of the time I use a casualty blanket (actually a Grabber brand, OD on one side, silver on the other). The other 10% I don't use anything... This is the same if I'm hanging in my hammock or sleeping on the ground.

    Ski
    2015 goal - Fish, hike, or camp once a week.
    Tracker Pack # 12

  6. #16
    Guide darodalaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Middle Rio Grande Valley, NM / Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    1,023
    Thanks
    878
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 531 Posts

    Default

    I use a heavy-duty plastic drop-cloth. Find it in the paint section of any hardware store. A nice sized piece can double as a makeshift tarp.

  7. #17
    Guide bushwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central Maine
    Posts
    2,545
    Thanks
    982
    Thanked 2,116 Times in 883 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the ideas everyone, I appreaciate your input.

  8. #18
    Bushwhacker Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    mainewoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    13,430
    Thanks
    7,978
    Thanked 9,404 Times in 2,538 Posts

    Default

    Casulty blanket That's what I use!

  9. #19
    Tracker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Monmouth County, NJ
    Posts
    157
    Thanks
    97
    Thanked 70 Times in 47 Posts

    Default tyvek

    Tyvek. Its light, waterproof, cheap, and packs up very small. If you get it new it will be very loud (crinkly, like a sheet of cellophane) you can break it in by throwing it in the dryer on a cool cycle with a couple of shoes for an hour or two. After that you'll be ready to go.

  10. #20
    Scout
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    N.E. Okla.
    Posts
    805
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 190 Times in 96 Posts

    Default

    Never underestimate the value of a $3:00 shower curtain liner from wallyworld. It's potential is huge. Everyone should have one in their ruck.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to rimfire63 For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •