Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Deal Brazil tarp hat

Perpetual neophyte. Supporter kinzei's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Real Deal Brazil tarp hat

I know that there have been multiple threads on the forum about the Real Deal Brazil tarp hats, but I really wanted to express how fantastic the customer service is. They truly went above and beyond. I contacted Frank (ie Real Deal Brazil) here on the forum and asked if there was much variation in their sizes. The web site list the smalls at 21.5", and unfortunately, I appear to be cranialy challenged. I asked Frank if he had anything smaller than the standard size small ( I needed a 21") It took about a week, but Frank dug through several boxes of smalls and found one that was slightly smaller than the rest. It is a testament to their quality control that it took him so long to find one off standard. On top of all that he assured me that if for some reason it did not fit, I could send it back and we could try again. Frank delivered my hat to the sales department and notified me on who to contact by name and how to place my order. I even added one of their tri-fold tarp wallets to my order. Anyway, thanks to Frank and Alex at Real Deal Brazil, and here is the hat:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kinzei; 04-19-2012 at 04:18 AM. Reason: spelling

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kinzei For This Useful Post:

Thanks

They do indeed seem to be the "Real Deal". I am a huge fan of their products and have heard nothing but good about their customer service. I almost wished I had an issue so I could get some special attention Seriously though it is refreshing to find a company today that "gets it" and takes care of their customers and values what people have to say. Thanks Frank and Co. and I will probably be ordering my third here soon.

Indoor Outsider Supporter
    Vendor
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,344 Times in 811 Posts

Awesome! I love mine...

Looker
    God Bless America, and those who defend her.
    Anybody can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad.

BladeScrounger #14

Thanks
    Thanked 6,011 Times in 1,796 Posts

They're wildly admired and coveted, too. My first was stolen not longer after I got it. So I bought another and have had to institute Hat Security Measures.

Last edited by WoodsJack; 04-19-2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Added Hat Beauty Shoty

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WoodsJack For This Useful Post:

Guide Bush Class Basic Certified DCP's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,773 Times in 828 Posts

Yep I have a similar story I had the opposite issue as you. The XXL hat measurement was a pinch too small Frank found a XXL that was running a little larger and it fits well.

Quote Originally Posted by kinzei View Post
    I know that there have been multiple threads on the forum about the Real Deal Brazil tarp hats, but I really wanted to express how fantastic the customer service is. They truly went above and beyond. I contacted Frank (ie Real Deal Brazil) here on the forum and asked if there was much variation in their sizes. The web site list the smalls at 21.5", and unfortunately, I appear to be cranialy challenged. I asked Frank if he had anything smaller than the standard size small ( I needed a 21") It took about a week, but Frank dug through several boxes of smalls and found one that was slightly smaller than the rest. It is a testament to their quality control that it took him so long to find one off standard. On top of all that he assured me that if for some reason it did not fit, I could send it back and we could try again. Frank delivered my hat to the sales department and notified me on who to contact by name and how to place my order. I even added one of their tri-fold tarp wallets to my order. Anyway, thanks to Frank and Alex at Real Deal Brazil, and here is the hat:

Tracker Vendor Real Deal Brazil's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsJack View Post
    They're wildly admired and coveted, too. My first was stolen not longer after I got it. So I bought another and have had to institute Hat Security Measures.

Hat band is really sharp, WoodsJack.

-- Frank
    RealDealBrazil.com
    Hats & Bags crafted from recycled tarps of Brazilian cargo trucks in an attempt to cut down on the wasting of resources. Most likely the fabric in each hat and bag has traveled from the Amazon to São Paulo and back again.
    Don't take care of it; it will take care of you.

Scout
    Thanks

Mine came in the mail today!!!!

Only just admired it and let it sit on my head for a minute so far. Going to wear it all day tomorrow!!!

Just from first glance it has to be the coolest hat like that I own.

Thanks

Finally ordered mine today. They said it would arrive on Wednesday.

Helix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    Finally ordered mine today. They said it would arrive on Wednesday.

Helix
    Forgot to mention .. Earth Day Special ... free beadded hat bands !! how cool its that.

Helix

Thanks

Great hats, ordered the regular one for myself and the pretty ugly hat for my wife, well apparently I measured her head wrong and ordered a small when a medium or large would do. She likes mine more anyways, so I believe I'll order a new hat for her and mail the small to a friend who expressed interest and also has a small head, hah.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast