Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ipd for business?

Guide Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,617 Times in 1,099 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk45hunter View Post
    I use an IPad exclusively. I also have a MacBook, but I got retired to dedicated Netflix machine status when the iPad came into my possession. Some people will say its like a giant iPhone, but I respectfully disagree. With the larger screen, you can type and use multi finger gestures that the small iPhone screen can't handle well. The processing speed is impressive and the app (ipad specific) selection is getting huge. I use my iPad for taking and recording notes in my college classes. I love how thin and light it is and how fast typing is on the iPad. I use it to surf the web, watch tv, listen to music, edit photos, shop online... I'll never go back to the heavy stone age design of a laptop.
    Not to derail the thread, but are you talking about the onboard keyboard, or are you using one of those bluetooth/docking keyboards? I find typing long replies on the iPad the place where I most miss having a real keyboard where I can type full speed. Don't get me wrong, I can type "ok" on one (typing this on mine as we speak since the macbook is in the middle of a hard drive replacement) but I type a lot faster on a physical keyboard.

Funny you should mention netflix as your macbook use; netflix on the iPad is actually what finally pushed me over the edge to buy one. I needed to convince myself I would find at least three major uses for an iPad and when I found out I could watch my Netflix queue on it I was sold (my 3 big ones were work and personal email/web browsing, kindle books, and netflix).
    "It is one of the blessings of wilderness life that it shows us how few things we need in order to be perfectly happy." --Kephart

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 178 Posts

I recently picked up an iPad (you can call it a tablet, sounds much better). Not so much for business but just as a mobile computer. I like it a bunch, does everything I need flawlessly. I did get a Bamboo stylus and it has been great, really helps for writing/drawing and gaming (love me some games). I would recommend a stylus if you plan on doing any sort of doodles, it really makes it a lot easier.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adahy View Post
    Let me know if they have any tips. Luckily my carving business has almost 0 overhead and I'm the only employee. I'm just unorganized and I feel it may help me keep track of carving times and drying and all that.
    I spoke to them and they told me they used this:

https://squareup.com/register

They said it worked great, and that it's got decent inventory capabilities.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Thanked 35,931 Times in 4,851 Posts
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Chert View Post
    I recently picked up an iPad (you can call it a tablet, sounds much better). Not so much for business but just as a mobile computer. I like it a bunch, does everything I need flawlessly. I did get a Bamboo stylus and it has been great, really helps for writing/drawing and gaming (love me some games). I would recommend a stylus if you plan on doing any sort of doodles, it really makes it a lot easier.
    What my doodle up there wasn't good enough?? Haha a stylus sounds like a good idea actually.
    Visit my Vendor Sub-forum Hudson Valley Handcrafts - Home of the hand carved KUKSA and other greenwood axe art
    My Website The Axe is Bold as Love
    My facebook page
    My Youtube Page
    I will not give away my hard-earned skills to a machine. Itís a bit like robbery with violence, for (machines are) not only intended to diminish my bank balance, but also to steal my power.
    -John Brown

Thanks
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by urban_coyote View Post
    I spoke to them and they told me they used this:

https://squareup.com/register

They said it worked great, and that it's got decent inventory capabilities.

Good luck!
    Thanks. I'll check this out now!
    Visit my Vendor Sub-forum Hudson Valley Handcrafts - Home of the hand carved KUKSA and other greenwood axe art
    My facebook page
    My Youtube Page
    I will not give away my hard-earned skills to a machine. Itís a bit like robbery with violence, for (machines are) not only intended to diminish my bank balance, but also to steal my power.
    -John Brown

Tracker
    Thanks

Right now Iím not an Ipad user but planning to be one soon.

Thanks
    Items for Sale

Hoping to pick one up this weekend. I think I'll make the first ever birchbark iPad cover. Why pay 69$ for their case?
    My facebook page
    My Youtube Page
    -John Brown

Thanks
    Items for Sale

Pulled the trigger. I'll update when I get things in order
    My facebook page
    My Youtube Page
    -John Brown

Thanks

We use Quickbooks, it's fine for everything we do. We have a commercial photography business, a computer store/repair shop and are a United Nations contractor in 10 countries. Our warehouse is about 300,000 square feet with shipments coming and going daily. We ship by airfreight, train and container ship. We couldn't operate if we had iPads. They are cool but not really ready to be used as a computer replacement in the business world yet. If you have an accountant to help with your books and taxes, they will most likely want you to use Quickbooks. Or possibly even Peachtree...

Jon.

Thanks
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Foster View Post
    We use Quickbooks, it's fine for everything we do. We have a commercial photography business, a computer store/repair shop and are a United Nations contractor in 10 countries. Our warehouse is about 300,000 square feet with shipments coming and going daily. We ship by airfreight, train and container ship. We couldn't operate if we had iPads. They are cool but not really ready to be used as a computer replacement in the business world yet. If you have an accountant to help with your books and taxes, they will most likely want you to use Quickbooks. Or possibly even Peachtree...

Jon.
    ! Wow you guys know how to do it right. 8)

Commercial photography aye? That's what I'm commuting to the city today for. Can you pm me your website? I like to take a look see. Thanks for the advice.
    My facebook page
    My Youtube Page
    -John Brown

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast