Thread: What bush craft apps would you want?

Guide Bush Class Basic Certified 8thsinner's Avatar
    Thanks

Default What bush craft apps would you want?

There have been several bushcraft apps threads covering both android and apple and my own android has seen some of the suggestions. But what apps are missing, and what would you be willing to pay for.

For me, I want a GOOD edible plants world guide, with parameters to filter by several means from country, soil, etc with recipes on how to use without a kitchen...

Thanks

some sort guide to trees. That's one area where I'm seriously lacking. I used to ba able to walk through the woods and name what tree was what. But life leached the info out of me.

Woods Bum Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,012 Times in 4,505 Posts

anything like a peterson's reference guide... edible/medicinal plants, shrubs, trees, birds, reptiles, mammals/tracks, astronomy, animal sounds, etc.

(i say animal sounds because a friend of mine called a buck in once on an app on his blackberry.)
    "Take a course in good water and air; and in the eternal youth of Nature you may renew your own. Go quietly, alone; no harm will befall you." John Muir

wolfy

Wink

www.animatedknots.com has a free app, too. That and a 3' length of paracord coiled in your pocket is a great way to while away a few minutes or hours that would otherwise be wasted. Waiting in an airport or somewhere else where you have time to relax and to learn something constructive at the same time turns into time well spent!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,085 Times in 1,066 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    www.animatedknots.com has a free app, too. That and a 3' length of paracord coiled in your pocket is a great way to while away a few minutes or hours that would otherwise be wasted. Waiting in an airport or somewhere else where you have time to relax and to learn something constructive at the same time turns into time well spent!
    How did you get it for free?

Tracker
    Thanks

Not an app but if you have amazons kindle reader on your phone this ebook is good "food for free"

http://www.amazon.com/Collins-Gem-Fo...6165928&sr=1-1

Guide Supporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 582 Posts

I used to have a little app that was on a 1.44 floppy (remember those?) that converted Lat/long to MGRS and MGRS to Lat/Long. Handy for map and GPS reference. I have no idea where that floopy is now.

Tracker
    Thanks

Agreed with a detailed and varied edible plants app.

Banned Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    This app looks just like knot guide by wink-pass creations.
    Can't remember what I paid for the full version of this app but it is fantastic and has the same step by step pics.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tub3RndWlkZSJd

Banned Member
    Thanks

There's an app for wild edible plants by Steve Wildman Brill. It's an OK app I use for around town to learn plants that I come across with out having to carry a book around.