Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knifish but unbushcrafty question to all

Scout
    Thanks

I have no experience with San Diego. Up here I EDC a 4" fixed blade everywhere (and I do mean everywhere) and it's never been a problem.

I'd buy an Opinel and keep it in your pocket. No tell-tale pocket clip and if it's confiscated, you're only out $10.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,337 Times in 787 Posts

Here's some more info specific to San Diego from some recent similar questions on Bladeforums. In short, it looks like San Diego has no specific unique prohibitions, except "no throwing knives in parks."

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...go-folder-laws
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...nia-local-laws

Thanks
    Thanked 1,856 Times in 646 Posts

I went on a trip to the peoples republic once for a previous job, we drove a straight truck out from IA. IIRC I had a Cold steel Tanto folder then & was told by a CA loading dock manager that it was illegal in CA. I hope I never have to return to that "enlightened land!"
    Last edited by tree-ratsniper; 05-04-2012 at 09:50 PM.

BabasBear

My career was in LTL, all in CA. Nearly all the operations folks and a majority of drivers carried some sort of blade. And yes, someone did comment on the "legality" of the blades. However, most of those discussions fell into "weapons...on Company property." There always seemed to be an employee that liked to flaunt their knowledge or the lack thereof. I always asked my guys to keep their blades in their pockets and to use them wisely...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12