Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 124

Thread: Migratory box of bushcraft junk.

  1. #11
    Guide Bush Class Basic Certified Grizzix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Upstate, South Carolina
    Posts
    2,253
    Thanks
    792
    Thanked 1,647 Times in 458 Posts

    Default

    AMS has done this twice as a fundraiser for the bushcraft scholarship he sets up. His "Goodie Box on the move" got out of hand last time. People were taking nice gear and adding junk and so forth. The rules for it need to be updated. I don't think he thought he had to account for jackholes not being honest.

    Grizz

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grizzix For This Useful Post:


  3. #12
    Scout MedicineMan68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    948
    Thanks
    2,834
    Thanked 581 Times in 230 Posts

    Default

    Why not? Im in.

  4. #13
    Axe Addict Enabler Supporter
    Vendor

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mid-Michigan
    Posts
    532
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 1,372 Times in 313 Posts

    Default

    Okay folks, since the response seems to be pretty positive, I'm going to add a second box if enough people are interested.

    So as it stands, there will now be 2 boxes, each limited to 10 people.

    So now a total of 20 people may participate, but again, each box is 10 people, so travel times will remain the same.

  5. #14
    Scout Ridge Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked 37 Times in 24 Posts

    Default

    I'd like to participate. Interesting idea. I think you're right in keeping the initial number of folks participating kind of low-- it only takes one to take it all and disappear. Thanks again!

  6. #15
    Axe Addict Enabler Supporter
    Vendor

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mid-Michigan
    Posts
    532
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 1,372 Times in 313 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzix View Post
    AMS has done this twice as a fundraiser for the bushcraft scholarship he sets up. His "Goodie Box on the move" got out of hand last time. People were taking nice gear and adding junk and so forth. The rules for it need to be updated. I don't think he thought he had to account for jackholes not being honest.

    Grizz
    This is a test. If it doesnt go well, it wont keep going. Thats part of the idea behind cycling back. If I think its been abused, I can end it.

    That being said, I've actually organized something like this before, and there will be some instructions in each box that have helped reduce that kind of abuse in the past.

  7. #16
    Scout
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Under the stars.
    Posts
    291
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts

    Default

    I am in!

  8. #17
    Guide Supporter 1Jesster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South West Iowa
    Posts
    1,911
    Thanks
    1,222
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 471 Posts

    Default

    I'm in for it.
    You got to keep the glass half full!!!!!!

  9. #18
    Guide Bush Class Basic Certified Grizzix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Upstate, South Carolina
    Posts
    2,253
    Thanks
    792
    Thanked 1,647 Times in 458 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kayak View Post
    This is a test. If it doesnt go well, it wont keep going. Thats part of the idea behind cycling back. If I think its been abused, I can end it.

    That being said, I've actually organized something like this before, and there will be some instructions in each box that have helped reduce that kind of abuse in the past.

    I wasn't trying to be negative or discourage, just mentioning. I hope this is successful. As a recipiant of AMS's scholarship I am trying to find a good way to do it again without the same result. I'll be "stealing" your ideas if they work. lol

    Grizz

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Grizzix For This Useful Post:


  11. #19
    Axe Addict Enabler Supporter
    Vendor

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mid-Michigan
    Posts
    532
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 1,372 Times in 313 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzix View Post
    I wasn't trying to be negative or discourage, just mentioning. I hope this is successful. As a recipiant of AMS's scholarship I am trying to find a good way to do it again without the same result. I'll be "stealing" your ideas if they work. lol

    Grizz
    Sorry, I didn't mean to sound defensive. I'm just a bit tired.

    Its all good, I know these kind of things can go either way. I figured at worst, I'm out the postage and whatever bit of value I put in to start the things. (I already probably have enough to do 10 if I really sorted through my gear and random materials I have laying around, so I'm not too worried about the value of whatever I send).

  12. #20
    Guide Friartuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    1,634
    Thanks
    216
    Thanked 285 Times in 150 Posts

    Default

    I'll toss my name up for this, sounds cool.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •