Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Middle Tennessee Trails?

Tracker
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deeder View Post
    New to the area, going to South Cumberland State Park in the next two weeks. Looks like a nice area. Anyone been there know of a good section?
    What sort of mileage are you looking for? The Stone Door area offers a great, very scenic 7-mile loop with a 3-mile side trip to Greeter Falls. For more mileage, you can make a great loop out of the Savage Gulf trailhead out to Hobbs Cabin and back a different path.

I can give you some better info with a better idea of what you are looking for.

Tracker
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    What sort of mileage are you looking for? The Stone Door area offers a great, very scenic 7-mile loop with a 3-mile side trip to Greeter Falls. For more mileage, you can make a great loop out of the Savage Gulf trailhead out to Hobbs Cabin and back a different path.

I can give you some better info with a better idea of what you are looking for.
    Was looking at the stone door area for now. Mainly scouting out potential overnight spots.

Tracker
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deeder View Post
    Was looking at the stone door area for now. Mainly scouting out potential overnight spots.
    The only actual campsite in the area is Alum Gap. Huge camp area, plus decent privy. The water source is a small but good stream where the three trails converge just southwest of camp.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bearpaw For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Williamson Co

I'm just off the trace but a bit north of most of y'all. I've focused primarily on Big South Fork NRR which is north central TN. I have a friend in Huntsville & we have been planning to do a few nights somewhere "between us" so I appreciate the leads in this thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123