Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Longbow prices

Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 579 Posts

Does it have to be a longbow ? How about a recurve ? I bought a #50 Ben Pearson Cougar for $35 in a second hand shop over 35 years ago and its still serving me well. Check pawn shops, the ones around here have them from time to time at decent prices.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I took a chance at a $100 70's era Bear Grizzly recurve off Ebay... it had a dent or cut in the handle... looked like it had been in a pile of stuff on someone's workbench and someone pulled a handsaw across it, or dropped something on it... turned out to be purely cosmetic, and I have a good bow. i think it was $77 and 20 shipping... something close to that. most of the ones in better shape were running around $125...

My arrows ran about $10 apiece, with target points, nocked and fletched. they're carbon fiber with a woodgrain print. I got a dozen, but you only really need 5 to shoot/practice... more than that, they start getting hit by other arrows.

Made my own armguard from a piece of latigo leather i got from the friend who made my first quiver (looks a lot like this one. http://www.selfbow.com/jackstraditio...estalkers.html )

My shooting glove was about $12. A tab is cheaper (around half that, iirc) but i don't like it as much. It was 3 layers, and kinda fiddley... if i had one with just one layer, i might use that.

My bow-mounted quiver was about $80... http://www.3riversarchery.com/quiver...X_product.html I'm sure you could come up with something cheaper on your own.

My target is one of those YellowJacket ones, but you can get 2 stacked bales of hay for $9 a bale, or $35 for a round bale, at least around here, and stick some paper plates on it with a stick.

So, let's see... 100, 80, 50, 12, plus 18 for the hay... That's about $260.

edit: wait. i forgot the string... it cost me about $20 for a new bowstring.
    I also picked up a Bear Recurve, a Bruin with Montgomery Wards marking, for about $70.00. A great shooter it is on loan to a friend of mine starting out in archery. Most bow folks are decent people.

Thanks

Default Oak tree

Falco Legend Flatbow is by Falco in Estonia and won the European IFAA Gold for men in 1999,it costs around 190 and if i was to buy another bow it would be this one. it has a good action goes to prove you dont have to spend a small fortune to get a good bow.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123