Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: This is Amazing!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,039 Times in 1,817 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeneyguy View Post
    You're safe Iz...he'll never best your Legolas skills. He might shoot shoot a little faster but you got the elf stature to best that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iz View Post
    And the hair. Don't forget the hair. You could be my hobbit friend, you got that stature down pat.
    Oooh, oooh, who gets to be the dwarf? I think we know who should be Gandalf.

Awesome skills, reminds me of the modern samurai: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQbCMh4GYZo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahnkochee For This Useful Post:

Iz

Thanks
    Thanked 2,017 Times in 495 Posts

We better hope Dianne Feinstein doesn't see this video...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bharen For This Useful Post:

Tracker
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnobbie View Post
    I'm going to be a devils advocate: Yeah, fast, yeah his trick shooting is accurate for the tasks he set up.
    I personally don't think what he does is something that an aspiring archer should try to copy- He never gets to full draw, he is off balance, and it appears he's shooting from fixed/known distances. At least the Legolas character comes to a full draw.
    I bet he has great form when he slows down, but that trick shooting is not great form.
    Fun to watch for sure, though.
    Yeah, I though I was the only one sitting here thinking its a bit ridiculous...
    Obviously an absurd amount of talent, no denying that. But damn man your gonna need those 5 shots when your shooting from a recurve with a 12in draw length with 12 inch groups at close range.

He shot 3 arrows and hit three plates... but those plates were HUGE. I would much rather take one perfect shot then 5 marginal ones. His longer distance shots were shown to be crazy spread out over even multiple sides of what looked like a few foot wide target.

On a battle field this may be good to quickly wound a group of enemy... But even for hunting stopping and taking one good shot makes so much more sense...

The video romanticizes and talks about the "lost ways of archery"... I would argue that drawing from your chest and shooting with out anchor wasn't "lost"... it was developed and improved. Some of the speed may have been lost, but modern forum and technique has improved almost every other aspect.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,190 Times in 274 Posts

Figure that, without an anchor shooting from the hip at moving targets in the air while moving, I have no doubt he can still shoot with normal form and accurately. But the only way for us to know would be to see a video of that as well, something that would lay the debate to rest one way or another. Either way, what he has trained himself for here is still pretty amazing, even if you doubt his traditional form.

Thanks

"No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you."

~ Homer Simpson

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Aegis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,375 Times in 442 Posts

Not really all that great.

It took me all morning to teach him how to do that.

My really talented students were shooting with a bow in each hand by lunchtime. (doubles your rate of fire, but you have to be barefoot).

Unfortunately, I don't allow video because I'm "traditional."

But you really should come by and see me shoot three at a time. Impressive, but definitley not PG-13.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Code Red For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910