Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Duct Tape tales...

Bushwhacker Bush Class Intermediate Certified Shnick's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,603 Times in 5,070 Posts

C-5 we were supposed to fly on had a cracked window. They taped it and flew us from Morocco to Dover. Worked like a champ.

Scout
    Thanks

Picked up a BK2 without a sheath. My 12 yr grandson thought it was for him. He made a knife sheath for it out of duct tape without me knowing about it. It has been about a year and I haven't made a sheath for it yet. Seems to be holding up. He is proud of his BK2. Hope he never cuts through it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Loosearrow For This Useful Post:

Scout Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified

Thanks
    Thanked 1,176 Times in 455 Posts

Not a "bush" tale but a true one non the less.

1.5k miles away from home on a motorcycle trip. Headlight falls loose from bike. All the bolts holding the light onto the bike had worked their way lose and in the process 2 of the 3 mountings had broken off. Pulled out the handy dandy duct tape and taped it back into place since parts would have to be ordered.

It did such a good job holding it there, the duct tape was still in place 3 years later when I sold the bike.

Yep, I love me some duct tape.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 2stoves For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Had a pair of brand new snowboard boots fall apart once. Tested them for one day on Mt Hood, then flew to Chile for some off-season riding. Opened my bag when I got there and the soles were falling off of both boots ( I blame TSA ). No worries though, I always pack duck tape. The tape repair lasted several weeks of South American riding then I warrantied them when I got back to the states.

I hit a bear and messed up my Jeep a while back. I did some shade tree body work with a crowbar and duck tape to keep it on the road for cheap. I've had the corner light held in now with some silver duck tape for weeks, next time it needs to be retaped I'm going with some black gorilla tape, it'll match whats left of the paint better and hopefully last a bit longer in the elements.

Tracker Bush Class Basic Certified Twelve Moons's Avatar
    Thanks

Several months ago I was solo leading an adventure excursion for a group of teens; caving, climbing, rappeling, backpacking, canoeing. The night before our departure I had them set up our tents to make sure we had all the pieces, and to be sure that they would know how to get them up quickly in the field.

After hiking in to our first campsite we dropped our gear and got the tents out for setting up. Somehow, overnight, many key pieces went missing from each tent.

We had a few small rolls of duct tape so we were able to construct basic pole frames from which we could hang the tent bodies.

We moved camp once and had enough tape for a second set-up.

It all worked out, and it was a great trip for all of us.

Team Canada Supporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,289 Times in 1,597 Posts

I made a canoe once -was fun

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BushTramp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 929 Posts

Once used duct tape to rescue some ducklings that fell into a storm drain on the lot at our dealership here near Portland. Several of the brood fell between the slats on the grate and the mom and a couple of others were standing around quaking in distress. One of the guys got a broom handle and we balled up the tape on the end. Just stuck it down and each duckling in turn got stuck and was pulled up then gently removed and placed in a box. Then mom followed the box safely across the street and all were released to continue down to the river. One guy said they used the same trick to retrieve some keys that fell in one the grates in the past.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MiddleWolf For This Useful Post:

Scout
    Thanks

On a family camping trip one of the guys brought a canopy whose poles appeared to have been used as a football. Some strategically placed duct tape later and we were safe and dry for the weekend.

I've also sported a couple of duct tape wallets plus plenty of cardboard and duct tape sheaths.

Guide Supporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,776 Times in 722 Posts
    Items for Sale

I was four wheelin once and I broke a rear leaf spring on my four runner way out in the desert and all we had was a roll of duck tape so we just wrapped the leaf spring with the whole roll of tape and limped back to camp. This was on Outer Limits in Johnson Valley in So Cal

Tracker
    Thanks

well i saved a trip to the E.R. when i split my finger open on my knife. i was on a mountain top the nearest hospital 20 miles away so i applied pressure with my bandana held it their while i rummaged threw my bag found duct tape and some triple antibiotic ointment and lifted my hand above my head till it stopped bleeding and then continued on my way

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robear For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast