Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Duct Tape tales...

Thanks

Lost the wheel bearing cover to a trailer that was built using an ancient axle while in northern OH on my way to FL. Cut an aluminum soda can in 1/2 packed with grease and duct taped it to the wheel. Lasted to FL and back to MI with no problem.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phreak For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Back in 90 while on a Ftx I came upon the SGT.Major who had steped in a hole, he told me to get some duct tape to fix his broken leg.I didnt know it at the time but he had lost his leg back in Nam. Long story short we put his leg back together, and he was able to walk out with his fixed up good as new prostect leg.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to spoon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Question

i used duct tape as fletching for my arrow

Scout Supporter
    Hobbyist
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 337 Posts

This thread reminds me of my grandpa. I now own hid truck and a few years back not too long after I had it, a friend needed duct tape for something. I didn't remember putting any in there but when I checked there was some he had left.

He always said if it doesn't move and it should you need WD 40. If it moves and it shouldn't. You need duct tape

Guide Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,664 Times in 1,185 Posts

airplane-12.jpgGot this in an email years ago and tracked it down on the internet...

"During a private fly-in fishing excursion in the Alaskan wilderness, the chartered pilot and fishermen left a cooler and bait in the plane.

A bear smelled it, and this is what he did to the plane.

The pilot used his radio and had another pilot bring him 2 new tires, 3 cases of duct tape, and a supply of sheet plastic.

He patched the plane together, and flew it home." (original post not identified)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AK Craft For This Useful Post:

Tinder Gatherer
    Thanks

Default Canoeing with a Duct

My best duct tape tale occurred when I was a teenager on a canoe trip in Canada. Being in a true wilderness setting, it was quite the predicament when one of three canoes had a hole put in it by a rock in a shallow area.

Luckily, we had duct tape! Although the true hero of this situation may be said to be Bubble Yum Bubble Gum.... While the duct tape kept the hole covered, the chewed bubble gum served as the interior patch. One which held for the entire week we had left.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to beardman For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456