Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: New Benchmade 'Bushcraft' knife!

Thanks

Good looking knife.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oak View Post
    S30V isn't hard to sharpen at all, I have never used Benchmades version but I doubt its too hard.
    Agreed, It seems some have not yet acquired the art of sharpening and are missing out on the benefits of these steels.

Guide Bush Class Basic Certified draco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
    I thought they were supposed to ship in late december? Anyone receive one yet or have a new ship date?
    Not a word. I will ask the place I preordered from when they will ship.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to draco For This Useful Post:

Thanks

No. 1 son gave me something I really wasn't fond of for Christmas, saying I could take it back to the locally owned outdoor store it came from if I wasn't pleased. I visited the store 1-5-13 - and they had just gotten in two of the Benchmade 162 Bushcrafters - I left with one of them after adding a few denaros to the store credit. Here it is with my favorite pocket knife from last year, a BM 482 Megumi:

And here it is with my other favorite Sibert designed BM - my 24/7 EDC - a 755 MPR:

I like the Bushcrafter - it's odd forward palm swell actually felt good in my medium+ sized hand after some 'extended' use. It's edge was even and sharp - perhaps they took a bit more time with the first 500 they made. I like the knife - but only bought it due to the large store credit. It is handsome - and the sheath is finely made and well fitted, save the 3/8" firesteel loop - it's a tad long - but a large LMF fits fine. I like the spear point capability - don't know when/if I'd ever lash it to a pole, but neat capability nonetheless. I still haven't done an extensive test... it worked well thus far - and is a well-made beauty. I guess, sad to admit, I spend too much time fine-tuning my other Christmas present - a Condore Bushlore. Yep - a $28 knife over a $159 knife... it's like a challenge, of sorts. The BM's prettier...

Stainz

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stainz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,230 Times in 865 Posts

Update:

I just got an email from knifeworks on my pre-order- the status has been changed to payment received. I assume this means they are shipping out now.

Alex

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AlexD For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stainz View Post
    No. 1 son gave me something I really wasn't fond of for Christmas, saying I could take it back to the locally owned outdoor store it came from if I wasn't pleased. I visited the store 1-5-13 - and they had just gotten in two of the Benchmade 162 Bushcrafters - I left with one of them after adding a few denaros to the store credit. Here it is with my favorite pocket knife from last year, a BM 482 Megumi:

And here it is with my other favorite Sibert designed BM - my 24/7 EDC - a 755 MPR:

I like the Bushcrafter - it's odd forward palm swell actually felt good in my medium+ sized hand after some 'extended' use. It's edge was even and sharp - perhaps they took a bit more time with the first 500 they made. I like the knife - but only bought it due to the large store credit. It is handsome - and the sheath is finely made and well fitted, save the 3/8" firesteel loop - it's a tad long - but a large LMF fits fine. I like the spear point capability - don't know when/if I'd ever lash it to a pole, but neat capability nonetheless. I still haven't done an extensive test... it worked well thus far - and is a well-made beauty. I guess, sad to admit, I spend too much time fine-tuning my other Christmas present - a Condore Bushlore. Yep - a $28 knife over a $159 knife... it's like a challenge, of sorts. The BM's prettier...

Stainz
    I sure hope that you get a chance to post an extensive review. I have been eying this knife since December when I first heard about it.

Hardwoodsman Bush Class Basic Certified
    Vendor
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,117 Times in 11,786 Posts

That's a good looking knife, Stainz.
    Romans 10:9
    Turley Knives web site
    Remember the birds
    youtube channel
    Turley Knives sub-forum
    My blog about Turley knives and stuff
    http://turleycustomknives.blogspot.com/
    "See the High Priest He took my place, when the Judge looks at me He sees His Son's face." -16 Horsepower

Guide Bush Class Basic Certified draco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
    Update:

I just got an email from knifeworks on my pre-order- the status has been changed to payment received. I assume this means they are shipping out now.

Alex
    They answered my email and said "These are shipping out today and tomorrow."

We should have them soon.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to draco For This Useful Post:

Tracker Supporter Diptothewoods's Avatar
    Thanks

i'd rather just get a custom made or a blind horse knives blade or bark river.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,230 Times in 865 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diptothewoods View Post
    i'd rather just get a custom made or a blind horse knives blade or bark river.
    I have those as well. It is a bit of an addiction I must say. To each their own of course.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast