Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Benchmade 'Bushcraft' knife!

Guide Supporter backwoodstrails's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,162 Times in 564 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FortyTwoBlades View Post
    I can't write it off entirely without getting my hands on one, but what I'm seeing elicits an overwhelming..."meh." Thick stock with a conventional saber grind, super boxy looking scales (especially at the butt) and why the heck did they use titanium tubing for the handle fasteners? Since it's not competing in the ounce-shaving department all that does is raise the cost--Ti tubing is made crazy expensive. It's also about 5 years late.

Just my opinion, though. I fully commend anyone who likes it. It's just really not for me at all.
    When you break it down, I tend to agree with the above statement. Except the part about it being 5 years late. It's never too late to add a knife to the collection.
    As a matter of fact, later is better! Late at night when my wife is sleeping is actually the best time for me to add to my collection.

If you are still itching to get one, Knife Center is quoting $140.00 according to the e-mail they sent me.
    “Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain
    "My Sister has Multiple Personality Disorder, But........She's Good People." - Backwoodstrails

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to backwoodstrails For This Useful Post:

Thanks

wowzers! I purchased a Turley for less than that! sweet knife, but I think your cash is better spent on something else. If you're not into waiting for a custom piece, maybe an F1? or a bark river... mmm bark river...

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,874 Times in 1,925 Posts

If its $120 you aren't getting a brkt or anything thing in that range the turkeys start and $450 if you could order one and sell used not in the $575-465 range.

Banned Member
    Thanks

Where was the one that showed $120 and what was the code. Thanks

Banned Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by draco View Post
    Ya that is pretty good. I did not notice that but if you enter the code before check out the price ends up being $120. I could not stand it and ordered one. For that price you can't go wrong.
    What code and which shop. Thx

Tracker
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rolandsilvajr View Post
    What code and which shop. Thx
    It's knifeworks ( http://www.knifeworks.com/benchmade1...pre-order.aspx ) the code is BR549, brings it down to $122.40

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lonewolf1 For This Useful Post:

Banned Member
    Thanks

Thanks so much. :-)

Guide Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,872 Times in 1,446 Posts

Bit costly for me. I dont think I would ever get past the cradle phase of a knife that expensive.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loogaroo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,259 Times in 1,206 Posts

I like Benchamde (which was the first expensive knife I ever bought) but they have a tendancy to aggervate me. I fall in love with one of there models and eventually lose it or it just seems to walk off, and I can't buy a new one because the model is discontinued.

Baryonyx Walkeri Vendor FortyTwoBlades's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,675 Times in 3,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by backwoodstrails View Post
    When you break it down, I tend to agree with the above statement. Except the part about it being 5 years late. It's never too late to add a knife to the collection.
    As a matter of fact, later is better! Late at night when my wife is sleeping is actually the best time for me to add to my collection.

If you are still itching to get one, Knife Center is quoting $140.00 according to the e-mail they sent me.
    By 5 years too late I mean it from a marketing/business standpoint. They've missed the peak of the recent bubble of "bushcraft knives" being trendy in the larger market where this design would have netted them stronger sales. Our little community here may appreciate it but I wouldn't expect that model to be around more than a couple of years. I could be wrong and it'll be a strong item for them but I think that in terms of maximizing the lifecycle of the product, they're essentially releasing a knife that's already in the late maturity phase of its market.
    Baryonyx Knife Co.--Owner

"To live at all is miracle enough"~Mervyn Peake

Machete Mafia

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FortyTwoBlades For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast