Thread: American Frontiersman Magazine

Hardwood Plainsman Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Vendor
    Thanks
    Thanked 31,005 Times in 4,310 Posts
    Items for Sale

Default American Frontiersman Magazine

Found this on the shelf today at the book store. I must say it really gives Backwoodsman a run for their money.

Yes, it was on the pricey side at $9 and change. But I'll be buying it again.

This is the first issue it says. It covers the whole spectrum from an article on Kephart, to mountain men, building a cabin, reflector stoves, fire starting and so on.

Skab Leatherworks Subforum

Blog

Tracker Pack#10

2. The Following 261 Users Say Thank You to Skab For This Useful Post:

1Olddog,actichy,Adam,Adam B,adkwalker,Aloof,Arcadia,Arctictough,Aretasmac,Axe,AZ Wandering Bear,azratt,Barkeater26,Bartnmax,Bearpaw,Bigcreek,Bk2 in the Backwoods,BlackSteer,Boe,bone collector 85,Bonehead,boonemarshall,borumas,Bosapah,Bottomgottem,BradA1878,BradGad,Brewton,brionic,broholmer,Brushop,brush_loper,buckslayer,Bully,buroak,Bushcraftgeek,Busheagle,cadams3,camacho73,canoe camper,captainamer,Carpe Arcus,cashcow1976,Cavemike,Chameleon_sk,Chazzle,chickasaw_hunter,chiltonm,Chris,clanmaki,cobra,codeman1798,cody_ia,coop52,Croatoan,Crusader,ctovey,Cur Dog,cz-bohunk,DakotaGray,DCM,Dearborn,DeseretPatriot,DonnieW,Duddly do right,dustycanuck,earl54,EdD270,eebae015,emeraldcoastbear,ewtoutdoors,Faiaoga,Falcon45,Farmboy,Fat Old Man,forge1,fotomaker57,foxfire,freebirdfb,Friend of Crows,G.W. Michaud,ghosttracker,gloomhound,golddog,GoneBush,GotTheCrohns,Grey Ranger,GrowlingBear,gunner8989,Guy,Hale,happywanderer,Hardwood Monkey,harley1903,harvester-red,hawkeye71,Haywire,hblee82,hglass,highlander56,Holmesmade,HoosierArcher,IA Woodsman,icthruu74,ImladrisToad,ironbyron1,J,Jean Jagdmann,Jighead,JimG,jimmyt,jimpratt32,jkfisher84,joe cody,Jon308,Jonah L. Archer,jorg0370,josht084,jrterrell,KA-BAR USMC,KenM,Kenn4,Kerri,ki4iwd,kid_couteau,kikstand,KLD2929,Kronos,kylewayne,KYVoyageur,Lerch,Lichen,Long John Tinfoil,longhunter,Loogaroo,lostagann,Lucky44,mainewoods,MarcoMontana,mcblade,mcdudr,mct453,Medius,Memnos,Metis,mikejd,mischief,MJDavis,mlp2147,mmurrayxb9s,MohaveGreen,Mr.Black,Mtnfolk Mike,muddy mike,MykeS,MysticFlight,mysticwolf,Nature Boy,NJWHN95,nothinghead,Oakenhart,ohski,Oiji,Old Man in The Woods,Old School,Old School Die Hard,Old Wolf,OldMan,OmegaTribe777,Ossa1970,OutdoorEnvy,Panzer,Pawoodsman,piney,PJC,PLBushBoyLesnik,PMSteve,PorterStout,postman,Prairiewolf,prprepper,pulaskifield,Radio Matty,ratamahatta,rdec,redmech,Redwolf,riverjoe,rlh2,rmil,Rook,roweman07,Rowjr,rpilthea,SamD,saustin1967,savage99nc,Scott Allen,SeanC,sebastianvdm,SemperFiHunter,ShellbackBill,Shnick,shoogai,Leif,slapchop,SLaRoy,sledjockey,Snake Eyes 3211,sneakbox,Southern Greenman,spanishfly,Steven83815,steve_t,sticker,Survive,Swampfox,swamprat,Takeuscamping,target-panic,tc556guy,The Dude,The-Missing-Link,Prof,Thirsty,Thorbyfour,thorsutton,tickflicker,Timmyfirefighter,Timothy,Tinker,tiny80022,TJCeeJay,tnmountainman,tnrick55,top dawg,tree-ratsniper,treerat64,TS-n-SoTx,Two Bears,Ulfgrim,uproar6,valmaris,Vapor trail,Vikingr,WestrnBushcrft,Whisper Creek,Whitestone,Who Dat,wild wilson,wildbill50,wingnut,Wise Old Owl,wonderingson,Woods Walker,woodsinfire,woodsmonkey,Wyndigo,XMP,YTSESoldier,Zornt

Bushmaster Supporter Mtnfolk Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,660 Times in 2,065 Posts

huh.. looks like a cool mag.. i may have to try and hunt one down around here.. thanks for the heads up Skab..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 667 Posts

I'm with Mike. I may head up to the bookstore in a minute and try to track one down myself.

Thanks for the heads up Skab!
    "I'm just a goat, who's halfway through eating itself..."

Guide Bush Class Basic Certified draco's Avatar
    Thanks

Too bad it is not listed on Amazon. I would love to get it on the Kindle.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to draco For This Useful Post:

Modern Day Kill Captain Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Vendor
    Thanks
    Thanked 57,051 Times in 5,950 Posts
    Items for Sale

Right on ill be looking for that
    "The coward believes he will live forever If he holds back in the battle, But in old age he shall have no peace Though spears have spared his limbs ." - Havamal

BushClass Basic-13/13 E-5/5 O-1/5 On the Fringe...In Tennessee
    Thanks

I'd like to see it too. How much of it is advertising? Are any articles written by regular folk?

Guide Bush Class Basic Certified nothinghead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,358 Times in 655 Posts

I saw this at Barnes & Noble the other day. Glad to hear it's worth picking up.

Thanks

will be looking for that. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,327 Times in 2,068 Posts

Hope I can find this one.
    The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood its ground

AXE MOB Turley knife club member#26

Thanks

must find soon...

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast