Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Key Ring Strikers...opinions on size, shapes please..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crco View Post
    It doesn't need one.

Lisa's striker bars are similar in functional design to other pocket prybars (like Jens Anso's PryBar12 and various Atwoods) .... which can open effectively open bottles without a designated opener.

A designated bottle opener just adds unnecessary production time and costs ... and adds unnecessary edges to a tool that complicates snagging and pocket wear.
    Maybe it doesn't need one but that is what I would like. If it doesn't work as a striker, than just a forged bottle opener is cool with me. I know I can open a bottle with the striker like you would with a lighter or prybar but that isn't what I am after. Lets be honest, most people on this site buy things they want because they are fun to have. Am I willing to pay a little extra to have a forged bottle opener? You betcha.

Also, I disagree with unnecessary production time and costs. If it takes longer to make and Lisa makes more money, good for her. I would gladly pay double for the work I have recieved from her.

Lisa was asking for feedback on what we would like to see. No one said that it didn't need a sloted prybar (as you requested) even though it adds unnecessary production time and costs ... and adds unnecessary edges to a tool that complicates snagging and pocket wear.

Rant over. I just get upset when people discredit others opinions.

Thanks

An arrowhead, a aspen leaf, a 4 leaf clover, a horseshoe, a spork(ala eat'n tool that can also strike flint.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Guest1450 View Post
    Maybe it doesn't need one but that is what I would like. If it doesn't work as a striker, than just a forged bottle opener is cool with me. I know I can open a bottle with the striker like you would with a lighter or prybar but that isn't what I am after. Lets be honest, most people on this site buy things they want because they are fun to have. Am I willing to pay a little extra to have a forged bottle opener? You betcha.

Also, I disagree with unnecessary production time and costs. If it takes longer to make and Lisa makes more money, good for her. I would gladly pay double for the work I have recieved from her.

Lisa was asking for feedback on what we would like to see. No one said that it didn't need a sloted prybar (as you requested) even though it adds unnecessary production time and costs ... and adds unnecessary edges to a tool that complicates snagging and pocket wear.

Rant over. I just get upset when people discredit others opinions.
    I didn't discredit your opinion. If you are looking for negativity, I'm not going to give it to you. You'll have to look elsewhere.

I am stating a fact when I state that multiple credible *pocket multitool* manufacturers (both cottage industry and industrial scale) are finding that specifically tooled additions of bottle openers to one-piece pocket prybars are being eliminated because of their redundant and unneccessary inclusion. If you need instructions on how such pocket tools can easily and effectively open bottles without the traditional bottle opener cut-out (that you are asking for), send me a sitemail and I'll give you the line-item rundown. It takes mere moments. In fact, I just opened a bottle of Anchor Steam with a simple STP Knife Forum prybar with *no* bottle opener cut-out and it took less than a second with minimal strength/energy expenditure.

If Lisa chooses to add a bottle opener cut-out on the tool, then the tool would have *2* ways of opening bottles. Which runs counter to both elegant/streamlined/minimalist design aesthetics and production resource allocation. If multiple utility components are to be crammed in to a given pocket tool, wouldn't it make sense to not duplicate functionality and to offer an expanded array of tool options?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crco View Post
    I didn't discredit your opinion. If you are looking for negativity, I'm not going to give it to you. You'll have to look elsewhere.

I am stating a fact when I state that multiple credible *pocket multitool* manufacturers (both cottage industry and industrial scale) are finding that specifically tooled additions of bottle openers to one-piece pocket prybars are being eliminated because of their redundant and unneccessary inclusion. If you need instructions on how such pocket tools can easily and effectively open bottles without the traditional bottle opener cut-out (that you are asking for), send me a sitemail and I'll give you the line-item rundown. It takes mere moments. In fact, I just opened a bottle of Anchor Steam with a simple STP Knife Forum prybar with *no* bottle opener cut-out and it took less than a second with minimal strength/energy expenditure.

If Lisa chooses to add a bottle opener cut-out on the tool, then the tool would have *2* ways of opening bottles. Which runs counter to both elegant/streamlined/minimalist design aesthetics and production resource allocation. If multiple utility components are to be crammed in to a given pocket tool, wouldn't it make sense to not duplicate functionality and to offer an expanded array of tool options?
    I am not looking for negativity or trying to start a fight over the internet. I completly understand your point and said that I do know how to open a bottle with a pocket prybar. I would just like a bottle opener cut-out as an option. I live in AZ. It is hot, the ratio of beers to fires started with flint is pretty one sided for me.

If my post came off wrong than I appoligize. I am sure Lisa can make many different designs. What works for some might not work for others.

Thanks

Well, I'm glad we both agree that Lisa and the Wolf Creek Folk make *amazing* goods. I'm sure we'll both be happy with whatever they do finally offer to us. I'm stoked! :-D

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crco For This Useful Post:

Mora Tribe Council Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,232 Times in 756 Posts
    Items for Sale

Would definitely buy a 2.5-3 inch rounded corner model!!
    John 14:6 Job 12:7-10
    Christian, Mora Tribesman, Axe Mob, Machete Mafia and Fatwoodsman Proud
    Pipe Smoker and Old Folding Saw Fogey (Wooo! Thinks that's enuff!)
    God bless America.....again!!

Guide Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,106 Times in 2,869 Posts

I think if there are no sharp edges to cut me and a hole big enough for paracord with enough size to be used but also small enough to fit into an Altoids tin then it will be a win. Pure function without any fluff at a low price. Also it should toss some good sparks but that is a given.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,764 Times in 963 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback..I appreciate it..Im going to make a new steel order this week and include some steel to make some of these..Im also starting to work on some altoid tin sized knives..

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lisa West For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You can certainly reserve one for me, Lisa. If you're doing reservations that is.

Maybe 2 ... but definitely 1.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 397 Posts
    Items for Sale

Hi Lisa,

I would be very much interested in two of these and really like the idea of simplicity.

I prefer the rectangle shape with rounded corners that is no less than 2.5 inches in length, preferably 3 inches. I like the ideas of (1) having two holes vice one and (2) that the long corners have crisp 90 degree angles so that it may be used as a scraper. In fact, the scraper idea really grabs me!

I'm not saying anything new here...just reemphasizing some of the suggestions already given.

Sincerely,
    Mark

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast