Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So I'm on the hunt for a recurve, any of you guys have one?

Thanks

Default So I'm on the hunt for a recurve, any of you guys have one?

So I'm on the hunt for a recurve, any of you guys have one that you would want to sell me? I'm looking in the price of $150 or less.

Thanks

I remember a thread a while back where a guy had similar needs. I believe many members recommended the Samick Sage. Pretty sure it's in that price range too.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyTygart For This Useful Post:

Thanks

my granpa gave me his (on thanksgiving of this year) browning nomad stalker 55lb that he bought in 1978-82 (one of those years) and it is an awesome bow, it shoots beautifully and i love it, here are some pics before i had it restrung, just ones on my phone.
    IMAG0342.jpgIMAG0343.jpg

i love that thing it is amazing,

i have also shot my friends PSE mustang. it is a takedown recurve, if i were to buy a starter bow, id pick one of those up.

hope this helps

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jereman For This Useful Post:

Tracker
    Thanks

Depends on what you want to spend. I have a swift wind made by wing. 44# at 28" Theres lots of good bows out there by Pearson ,Bear, even a few Vikings that can be had reasonably.

Woods Bum Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,742 Times in 3,794 Posts

You can get a very nice Bear Grizzly for about $125 on ebay. I got lucky and got mine for less (cosmetic ding scared some folks off). Cost me a string and a shelf pad extra to get it shooting.
    "Take a course in good water and air; and in the eternal youth of Nature you may renew your own. Go quietly, alone; no harm will befall you." John Muir

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Seeker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx1 View Post
    Depends on what you want to spend. I have a swift wind made by wing. 44# at 28" Theres lots of good bows out there by Pearson ,Bear, even a few Vikings that can be had reasonably.
    $150 range. I've been trying to keep an eye on ebay too for a good deal on a used one but it kinda seems so far the used ones are nearly the same price as a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyTygart View Post
    I remember a thread a while back where a guy had similar needs. I believe many members recommended the Samick Sage. Pretty sure it's in that price range too.
    Yes I have been looking at those but thought maybe someone here had one and could use a few dollars after Christmas.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What draw weight do I need for turkey/deer other stuff to but those will be the big game?

Thanks

I had my eye on this one but missed it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PSE-Coyote-T...vip=true&rt=nc

Tinder Gatherer
    Thanks

keep a lookout on craigslist and garage sales. in the past couple years ive gotten a bear kmag, a pearson cougar and a browning spartan for $20 or less. a lot of people think that trad bows arent any good for hunting and sell them cheap.

Scout
    Thanks

My advice - get a Samick Sage. If not, another takedown. The reason is that you should start out with a relatively light poundage to develop your form and then increase weight. Many people don't do that and wind up buying another one or giving up. Either way, another set of limbs is much cheaper than another bow.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Giff View Post
    keep a lookout on craigslist and garage sales. in the past couple years ive gotten a bear kmag, a pearson cougar and a browning spartan for $20 or less. a lot of people think that trad bows arent any good for hunting and sell them cheap.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-BEAR-Sup...item3f205d7d32

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ben-Pearson-...item1c2dfc947a

I think I would prefer a takedown but I seen these two on ebay what ya'll think about those two?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast