Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What pants do you wear?

Thanks

My wife wears them...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gunner65 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I went down to the local milsurp store and found some new milspec tactical pants with pockets for $25 bucks. I've got three pairs, and they've been going strong two years, 4 seasons with longjohns.

Rothco Combat Trousers, those are it.
    Last edited by Lutra; 12-30-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Woods Bum Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,809 Times in 3,810 Posts

I wear ripstop nylon convertible pants year round, with long johns in the winter. I had one pair from Trekmor (Campmor's store brand name), and when I, um... "outgrew" them, I bought a pair from Columbia. The fit and finish on the Columbias is, to me, worth the extra $$, but as far as durability, they're both good.

I still wear a Trekmor shirt of the same construction, but will look at the walmart brand "fishing shirt" when it comes time to replace it.

I also liked Army summerweight ripstop nylon BDUs, but once I, um... i guess we'll again say "outgrew" my old army ones, I had already found the Trekmors. I also don't like camo, though I'm slowly finding it appealing again.

In the depths of winter here in LA (January 15th, sometimes 16th, LOL) I have a pair of Army field pants that i still wear. They're 100% worsted wool, and the pants liners fit underneath, making for some really warm hunting clothes. Excellent for sitting in a stand all day, but will stand up to the brush and thorns without too much damage.
    "Take a course in good water and air; and in the eternal youth of Nature you may renew your own. Go quietly, alone; no harm will befall you." John Muir

Scout Bush Class Basic Certified shoogai's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought I'd try Tru-Spec 24-7 pants & I was very happy with them. Tons of pockets, light & comfortable.

Guide Bush Class Basic Certified nothinghead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 635 Posts

I have the railrider yukon insulated pants for the winter as well as some Marmot Scree softshell pants I got on sale. Both of those are for sub-freezing. Between 50 and freezing, I wear jeans. Warmer than 50 it's shorts or nylon zip off pants, most notably the boy scout uniform ones.

Scout Supporter
    Thanks
    Items for Sale

Wool whipcord pants are very versatile and durable if you can find them; new they are expensive but sometimes you can find them on ebay or in surplus stores. I had a pair of blue whipcord mailmans pants which lasted for years of hiking, I finally gave them away when I "outgrew' them.
    Railriders are great too, sometimes you can find used and they have sales fairly regularly.

Scout Bush Class Basic Certified Grillsgt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,372 Times in 323 Posts

I use military pants, my favorite ones are the Army ACU's. I wear them all the time.

Thanks

I've got a worn set of cotton black BDU pants that I love to wear in the bush, made by propper. I got them for free from a friend and they've held up great through adventures in three countries!

My S95 pants are probably the best outdoors pants ever designed, but I can't push myself to wear camo pants, so they end up as pajama bottoms most of the time. Sometimes, especially in the summer since they're so lightweight, they see the light of day.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire View Post
    Carhartt double fronts.
    Plus one. These trousers take a beating and just ask for more; wash after wash.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VinWild For This Useful Post:

Tracker
    Thanks

GanderMountain guide series pants

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast