Thread: Fast Archery

Thanks
    Thanked 1,675 Times in 627 Posts

Default Fast Archery

I thought this was cool. This guy can shoot 3 arrows in 1.2 seconds and hit 3 thrown disks and he can shoot 10 arrows in 4.9 seconds and hit the target every time. The translation/narration is a robot but it's still pretty cool I thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJyoQtYrn4U

This girl is not as fast but she's smoking fast in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o9RGnujlkI

Thanks

Have seen this before and I am still impressed.

Tracker
    Thanks

Well, I'm nowhere near that fast but a long time ago I challenged a guy who said that compound bows were so much better than traditionals that it was a joke. I told him he was nuts and I could beat him with my longbow.

There were a large group of people there and we walked up to a range at twenty yards. They said go and I loosed. I fired three times before he got his first arrow off looking through his peep sight.

We went down and checked the targets. Sure enough, he hit the bull. I, on the other hand had a concentric circle of arrows all around the bull but I never exactly hit it. They were, however, very close. I said: "Gee, it looks like you were right."

The crowd laughed so hard at him that I kind of got the impression I won anyway. He was livid with anger and walked away muttering to himself.

I love a good recurve or longbow.

Eastern Europe, Ex-USSR, Homestead in Bulgaria
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 454 Posts

Thanks for this: the kinzhal technique is very popular at archery schools in Russia. Listening to the audio, I can hear the instructor setting different time limits and counting out the shots to himself, so I guess that you start with a set time and gradually speed up with practice.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to steve_t For This Useful Post: