Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Offical "Altoid Tin" sized knife thread...

Thanks
    Thanked 4,510 Times in 1,129 Posts

My Altoids knife just arrived.

Exceptional...simple, direct, useful, perfect really.

Thanks Lisa.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Stumpy One View Post
    Lisa said she might know of someone who can get me all Kydexed up. I will post details here if it gets worked out. She sure is nice to work with!
    Please keep us posted if you get word on this little neck sheath!

Thanks

What the hell, I am in too... Working on my PSK and this would be a nice addition.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,510 Times in 1,129 Posts

Curiously Strong Mints

A box of Curiously Strong Mints seems to attract all sorts of innovations….

Lisa's Curiously Strong Knife.

1/8” 1095, superior convex edge, square and ground spine (for striking a firesteel) and sharp.

Ready to go…

Minty good.

Who would not need one?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schwert For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Lisa,
    I received this wonderful little knife the other day. In no time at all, I've removed any indication that it was ever sharp...doh!

Any recommendations on how to get that edge back? I'm obviously not very good at sharpening so any direction would be a good start.

Thanks for a neat tool,
    Jay

No half measures Supporter JohnP's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,878 Times in 722 Posts

Thank you for these, Lisa. I bought two, one for me, one for my wife, and we absolutely love them. They are, without a doubt, the best of the knives this size.

Was this a one time run or are you going to always have them available? I'm thinking ahead, gonna need four or five for next Christmas. Do I need to buy them now or can I wait? I would rather wait, because if I buy them now they will probably wind up in my pocket. I have this addiction...

~JohnP
    "Slim's suppers aren't always a great experience (he eats a lot of canned mackerel sandwiches), but show me a man who talks to his dogs, and I'll show you a man with refined taste and deep intelligence." - Hank the Cowdog in The Case of the Secret Weapon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steelheadr View Post
    Lisa,
    I received this wonderful little knife the other day. In no time at all, I've removed any indication that it was ever sharp...doh!

Any recommendations on how to get that edge back? I'm obviously not very good at sharpening so any direction would be a good start.

Thanks for a neat tool,
    Jay
    The edge retention on my Altoid Knives have held up quite well. Light stropping after every hard use restores the edge retention and keeps you from the downhill path to getting a blunt edged knife.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.ywL_wI0UjeM

Click on that link and look at the various ways of sharpening and stropping your convex edged knives. The videos by Turly Knives and NechakoRiver are the best two, IMHO. Sharpening convex edges is super-easy and super-inexpensive.

Good luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Crco For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,447 Times in 1,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steelheadr View Post
    Lisa,

Thanks for a neat tool,
    Jay
    Just send it back to me and Ill sharpen it for free. Otherwise I can tell you a couple ways to get it shearp. A cheap mousepad for a buck and some fine grain sandpaper is one way..Stropping on a leather belt is a good way to keep it that way..Id be happy to put a new edge on it for you though..

Thanks
    Thanked 11,447 Times in 1,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
    Thank you for these, Lisa. I bought two, one for me, one for my wife, and we absolutely love them. They are, without a doubt, the best of the knives this size.

Was this a one time run or are you going to always have them available? I'm thinking ahead, gonna need four or five for next Christmas. Do I need to buy them now or can I wait? I would rather wait, because if I buy them now they will probably wind up in my pocket. I have this addiction...

~JohnP
    Ill always be making these..You can wait because I think we will making them or some time..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa West View Post
    Just send it back to me and Ill sharpen it for free. Otherwise I can tell you a couple ways to get it shearp. A cheap mousepad for a buck and some fine grain sandpaper is one way..Stropping on a leather belt is a good way to keep it that way..Id be happy to put a new edge on it for you though..
    Thanks for the offer. I think I need a lot more practice since I've been making it even less sharp using the mousepad and sandpaper method. I'll review the videos more and keep at it.

It's a wonderful little tool.

Jay

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast