Thread: Lost my cross... Help needed

Thanks

Unhappy Lost my cross... Help needed

I realized with horror today that I could not find the beloved cross necklace I received from my family several years ago and am almost positive I forgot it at the gym yesterday, though when I called them to check their lost and found it was nowhere to be seen. I am guessing this means that this means that whoever found it thought it worth taking. Wasn't worth much, no precious materials or anything worth stealing about it but the sentimental loss is pretty bad. Chances of finding it are low, I think, and my mind went around to thinking about trying to find it's replacement (or as close as I can get, obviously the important part of it cannot be replaced). I am constantly amazed by the skilled craftsmanship I see on this site in so many of its members and I figure if I am going to end up buying a new piece I would love to support a member of my favorite website in the process instead of some company I know nothing of. Do any of you out there either personally make, or know someone who makes jewelry like this? A few "criteria" for it...

-I wore my old one pretty much 24/7 outside of showers and sleeping so it got dirty. Sweat, water, dirt, etc. all will get on the new piece too, with some regularity and I'd like it to take all of that in stride and not fall apart
    -I am not a extravagant person. My old one was small, about 2"x1.5", and I liked it's low profile. Nothing big or fancy, just a small, simple, metal design.
    -I certainly realize that workmanship is pricey and I am fully ready to pay for it, especially if it's going towards someone on this forum, but I'm sure many of you appreciate not having as much cash as I'd like. Low or lower cost would be nice.

Thank you all for your help in advance!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Medius For This Useful Post:

Scout
    Thanks

Sorry to hear that, maybe post a pic of what you would like so someone could make one? Just so they have an idea.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

For my uncles birthday we got him some crosses from http://freewoodencrosses.com/ the smaller ones are very nice. And they are great people to deal with.

Tracker Supporter
    Thanks

Will the gym let you post a "lost cross, please return, reward" flyer for a week or so?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,832 Times in 1,502 Posts

You're gonna die.

But then, we all are.
    God created guns because people really SUCK at throwing bullets!

For a Laugh, Check out my Blog: www.guideforgeezers.blogspot.com

Thanks

I wear one that a blacksmith made out of a horse shoe nail around my neck everyday. I made the cord for it from some decoy string, like a paracord bracelet. Hopefully you'll find something you like!

Thanks

Exclamation

I hope you can find it again, I've gotten frantic when I realized I'd lost mine before! (Finally found it in the driveway, among the grass and dirt, after I'd already bought a replacement.) My preference is the ones from GI Jewelry, stainless, on a 24" ball chain. Mine is the Celtic Cross, tho they've got plenty of other designs for many denominations, even non-Christian pendants.

Matt in Texas
    Last edited by Mattexian; 01-20-2013 at 07:15 PM. Reason: forgot a link