Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Therm-a-rest Columbia NeoAir All Season Air Mattress (Medium) $11.99!!

Clinging to the Cross Supporter wooly bugger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,202 Times in 513 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ashman View Post
    I got an email that they were out of stock. I chatted with their customer service and they gave me the large for the same price. Said it would ship out tomorrow.
    I just requested the same deal that ashman got but they claim that they can't do that. They won't even acknowledge that they gave him that deal without me giving them his order number. I've done a lot of business with backcountry in the past and I'm really surprised by all of this. They always seemed like a straight up outfit and with one of the best return policies out there.
    Last edited by wooly bugger; 01-16-2013 at 10:43 PM.
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. - 1 Corinthians 16:13 / Machete Mafia / Stuff for Sale - HERE

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wooly bugger For This Useful Post:

Exy

Thanks

Thats bull. If you want me to woolie bugger, i will pm you the email invoice that shows the regular size i got in exchange for the same 11.99 price.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bigkat For This Useful Post:

Clinging to the Cross Supporter wooly bugger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,202 Times in 513 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
    Thats bull. If you want me to woolie bugger, i will pm you the email invoice that shows the regular size i got in exchange for the same 11.99 price.
    Thanks bigkat but I don't think that it will help. Below is today's dialogue w/ backcountry. Ashman generously gave me his order number but apparently that was not what backcountry wanted to see. I'm not so worked up over the mattress as I am being lied to and mislead. Especially, from a company that I had valued up to this point. I'm done with backcountry.com. Buyer beware. Please excuse the typos. I don't peck as quickly as the live chat guys

Welcome to Backcountry. You are now chatting with Gareth L..
    Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK491038653705X

Daniel: Hi Gareth. I would like to chat with Josh in regards to my order. I instructed me aske for him. Thanks

Gareth L.: Hi Daniel

Gareth L.: ok, let me see if he's around. one sec

Daniel: thanks

Gareth L.: he's not here right now. want me to see when he's in next? or is there something I can do for you?

Daniel: My order # is 18392765. I explained to Josh that my friend's order was also cancelled but he was offered a large matt for the $11.99 price. Josh said that he would need my friends order # which is 18392921. We are also getting conflicting stories from your company. There seems to be two different version as to wheither this was a mistake in pricing but you guys would honor it or it was a clearence and you guys are out. Looks like bad business to me and I expect better from backcountry. Are you guys going to make this right?

Gareth L.: let me check it out

Daniel: Thanks. There seems to be confusion on your end or perhaps backcountry is trying to get over on folks but either way it doesnt look good. You're catching a lot of heat on the forums for how this was handled.

Gareth L.: I'm sorry man, I don't know how that was offered for $11.99, its an order from amazon and they post the price and handle the money. unfortunately its not a deal I can pass along. its a $170 dollar item. Order over chat with me and I can offer 10% off it for you

Daniel: Really because I was offered 30% last night. My buddy was given the $11.99 price by one of you guys during live chat. It's one thing for you guys to screw up but lying about it and not making it right is bad business. You have his order in front of you and you're going to tell me that backcountry cant do it. Really?

Gareth L.: yes Daniel, sorry. if you had a 30% offer from Josh you can hit him up when he's in at 4 today, you may have been working with him for a while. This is the link that your friend purchased from: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004NB9UAS

Gareth L.: that obviously came though to us as out of stock, so we offered the real pad (columbia does not make it) for the same price for that customer

Daniel: Yeah, it's the same link that I and many others bought from. It was bought through amazon from you guys. The fact is that you guys are not standing behind what was offered. Thats on backcountry not amazon. My order and his is with you. My question is why are you making it right for him and not me. Also, why are we getting different stories. There is this thing called the internet where people can discuss things like what live chat guys tell them.

Gareth L.: first off, because he already placed an order, you just want me to hook you up with an out of this world deal. What was your friends name again?

Gareth L.: link me to this forum page pleae

Gareth L.: please

Daniel: Dude, I placed am order at the same time that he did. Are you looking up the order numbers?

Daniel: Here's one. http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/showth...(Medium)-11-99!! There are going to be a lot more. I'm copy/paste all of these conversations so that people will know what backcountry is really all about.

Daniel: Wait, so you think that I just randomly wanted the same deal? Seriously, did you even look up my order#? I placed my oredr before or right after him the day before yesterday. What gives wth you folks?

Gareth L.: Dude, I am only human for one, you put me on the defensive from the get go. I did not notice you placed an order. I'm out of stock on the medium unfortunately anyways. My sup said I can give you 20% off a size I do have though

Gareth L.: Therm-a-Rest NeoAir All-Season Sleep Pad - click here

Daniel: Gareth I know you're only human. My frustration is w/ backcountry not you. I had two reps offer me 30% yesterday, but that's not the point. Why did he get a large for $11.99 when we both ordered mediums at $11.99 and we both had our orders cancelled? It should be a straight forward answer.

Gareth L.: I don't know. That rep should not have done that to be frank.

Daniel: Can your supervisr answer that? All of this is getting posted. I just want you guys to be fair in how you do business. There are a lot of other outdoor gear companies out there.

Gareth L.: sure, hang on one sec

Daniel: Thank you Gareth

Gareth L.: looked up your chat history and looks like 30% was offered to you earlier so I can do the same.

Gareth L.: that's significantly more than I'm able to do normally

Daniel: Did you also see where Josh told me to get my buddies order #? You guys still havent answered as to why youre not doing the same for others. Thanks anyway Gareth. i'm sure that most of this is beyond your control. Tell your sup to check that forum link in a bit. Should be some interesting reading. I don't know how much $$ you guys would loose by making this right but I'm pretty sure that you'll loose more by handling it this way.

Gareth L.: okay. have a good one Daniel
    Last edited by wooly bugger; 01-17-2013 at 12:05 PM. Reason: adding bigkat quote
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. - 1 Corinthians 16:13 / Machete Mafia / Stuff for Sale - HERE

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wooly bugger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 393 Posts
    Items for Sale

Wow! I sure hate to see Backcountry pull this. Maybe it was a mistake and all, but they should have either admitted it and just not honored the price for anyone...or, gave the same deal to all that ordered. Maybe it was a timing thing, and once they realized there were several people asking...they started looking to figure a way out of honoring the rest of the orders. Seems crappy to me. Will defiantly remember this the next time I look to order from them. Never had issues in the past, but this is pretty dishonest of them.
    BushClassUSA: Lessons 2/13 -- Electives 2/5 -- Outings 0/5
    Axe Mob Member

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people whom He has chosen as His heritage. Psalms 33:12

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ashman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 348 Posts

Well I just noticed the thread. I started reading and was like wow this company is a good one they handle their mistakes and make it right. I was planning on going to the backcountry website and or search amazon for them, now I made it through the whole thread and the excitement has been replaced by I will pass and plan to make sure not to waste my time with giving them business.

I understand they were getting rid of extra medium's they had, So they took a $100+ loss on each one sold to make room. so if they where already taking a huge loss why not just make it right for all you guys who ordered through amazon. It wasn't like anyone was trying a scam. Orders were placed. If it had been me I would be reporting them and urging EVERYONE who ordered to file a BBB complaint. The advertised price was not honored and their BBB rating needs to be adjusted so others can be warned of how they now do business.

I very much thank everyone for posting the outcomes on here so I for one know to stay away.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to captainamer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,946 Times in 3,254 Posts
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by JESTERxHEAD View Post
    Thanks!!!

now you all can hate me I bought the rest of them....

heck of a deal for sure!!!!!!!!
    I do.. I so badly needed one of these, I cannot believe I missed out.

Lucky son of a gun.. Congrats ::looks down and kicks dirt::

Thanks
    Thanked 33,887 Times in 4,686 Posts
    Items for Sale

It's time to battle. They told me they can sell me one for $85.

Look at the beginning of this thread how early I ordered. I dropped 3 employee names... and they said they'd talk to the 'SUP'

Very professional huh
    Visit my Vendor Sub-forum Hudson Valley Handcrafts - Home of the hand carved KUKSA and other greenwood axe art
    My Website The Axe is Bold as Love
    My facebook page
    My Youtube Page
    I will not give away my hard-earned skills to a machine. Itís a bit like robbery with violence, for (machines are) not only intended to diminish my bank balance, but also to steal my power.
    -John Brown

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Adahy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Guys... sorry this deal went so so sour. If there was ever any sense that this would have turned out how it did I NEVER would have posted it. I was genuinely excited (as a new member) to be able to post the deal here and hopefully allow some of you to scoop them up at a steal.

I felt reasonably assured that because it was on Amazon, and because Backcountry was the vendor, that it was a sure thing. To have such a great deal offered to you only to be reneged is disappointing at best and completely unprofessional. I can't believe I stuck my foot in my mouth after the fact, talking highly about Backcountry.

Backcountry needs to make it right. There is a clear list of guys who responded on this thread indicating they purchased one. It's not a huge list, if they took a hit on it they'd hardly go broke. I'm willing to bet if Backcountry made good on it they'd probably see additional business from you guys.

Not much more I can say other than sorry I dangled the carrot in front of y'all. Won't happen again.

Peace.
    Donnie

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DonnieW For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,268 Times in 665 Posts

Yep, they screwed me today too. First, they blamed Amazon for not updating with the correct price. Then, they told me they couldn't replace it because it was a pricing mistake. Then, they blamed Amazon for not updating their inventory. Then, they told me they couldn't replace it because this is a new model and it can't be offered at the same price.

They've lost this customer.
    "I'm just a goat, who's halfway through eating itself..."

Thanks
    Thanked 33,887 Times in 4,686 Posts
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by DonnieW View Post
    Guys... sorry this deal went so so sour. If there was ever any sense that this would have turned out how it did I NEVER would have posted it. I was genuinely excited (as a new member) to be able to post the deal here and hopefully allow some of you to scoop them up at a steal.

I felt reasonably assured that because it was on Amazon, and because Backcountry was the vendor, that it was a sure thing. To have such a great deal offered to you only to be reneged is disappointing at best and completely unprofessional. I can't believe I stuck my foot in my mouth after the fact, talking highly about Backcountry.

Backcountry needs to make it right. There is a clear list of guys who responded on this thread indicating they purchased one. It's not a huge list, if they took a hit on it they'd hardly go broke. I'm willing to bet if Backcountry made good on it they'd probably see additional business from you guys.

Not much more I can say other than sorry I dangled the carrot in front of y'all. Won't happen again.

Peace.
    Donnie
    Donnie, not your fault brother. I still thank you for the link. I'll force them to fulfill their satisfaction guarentee. Not our fault they made a mistake... when you shop at a regular store.. if this happens tough cookies. I just wont refer people with money to their store ever again.
    Visit my Vendor Sub-forum Hudson Valley Handcrafts - Home of the hand carved KUKSA and other greenwood axe art
    My Website The Axe is Bold as Love
    My facebook page
    My Youtube Page
    I will not give away my hard-earned skills to a machine. Itís a bit like robbery with violence, for (machines are) not only intended to diminish my bank balance, but also to steal my power.
    -John Brown

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adahy For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast