Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Home made beef jerky.

Thanks

I think im gonna need more meat. I put it back into the freezer, found out I willhave to work tomorrow. They all sound really good and I dont know wich one to try first.

Thanks

There is a jerky gun ( kinda like a cake icing gun) available on the market . The one I had had a flat nozel for jerky strips and 2 different size round nozels for sausage . I used regular burger for jerky and the result I had was too greasy . Probably would be good with lean beef or deer .

Tracker
    Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by williamwittmer View Post
    Here is a basic recipe i use.
    1 pound ground beef ( use with the leanest meat possible)
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
    1/4 cup favorite whiskey
    finely chop jalepenos 2-3 dependind on how hot you want it, mix all together and dehydrate for 7-8 hours on 155 degrees.
    Hope this helps.
    Thank you for this. I am so going to try this when my new dehydrator finally shows up.

Thanks

You can try this link www.jerkyfaq.com, I follow their venison jerky recipes.

Thanks

Default Food Dehydrator and Jerky Recipes.

Hi all my fellow Bushcrafters, I hope to be getting a food dehydrator next month for the purpose of making jerky since I don't enjoy the jerky from the store too much and prefer the more home made jerky I have enjoyed from family and friends making thier own, but I have never used one before. I'm sure it would not be hard but finding the right ingredients for recipes is my problem. I want to experiement with some flavors and all but I don't want every batch going straight to the trash, so any jerky recipes you wouldn't mind sharing would be greatly appreciated. Also a buddy of mine told me you can dehydrate alot of stuff, he was telling me fruits and making chips and fruit roll up type things, I didn't know you could make so much stuff with a dehydrator! So any dehydrator recipes would be appreciated! I'm willing to try whatever I can make. Meat, Fruit, vegetables, it all sounds good!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wh1teW0lf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 733 Posts

My favorite is also the most simple. Kikoman Teriyaki sauce. Works great for beef, venison, or turkey. I also like it with salmon, but most people think its to fishy. Just marinate for a couple hours to overnight and dehydrate until dry. When you buy your dehydrator get one with a temp. control, veggies need to be done at a much lower temp than meat.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gii shi kan dug For This Useful Post:

BushClass Basic-13/13 E-5/5 O-1/5 On the Fringe...In Tennessee
    Thanks

I use a lot of cajun seasoning, pepper, crushed red pepper, cayenne, worchestershire, liquid smoke, garlic powder and salt. Usually add a little vinegar to it. I like mine peppery, not sweet like with teryaki. It's all up to you. I also let mine marinate 24-48 hours in the fridge. Sent some to YTSESoldier for christmas wish list and he liked it.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arcadia For This Useful Post:

Tracker
    Thanks

Default First Post!

Greetings all - amazing site you've built here - lots of good info and glad to be able to contribute something useful hopefully!

For a beef jerky - I use half a bottle of Kikkoman Teriyaki, half a bottle of Kikkoman low sodium soy sauce, and then add the key ingredient, Liquid Smoke - about three lidfuls - mix it all together and slice as thin as you can - marinade for not too long surprisingly - half hour or less - then slap it on the drying racks.

I make it by the gallon bag and it gets demolished wherever I bring it. Hope you enjoy. Have no fear - making great jerky is easier than you think - have at it!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrBuhl For This Useful Post:

Tinder Gatherer
    Thanks

I agree with MrBuhl, it's pretty easy to make.

My recipe is;
    1 c. teriyaki
    1 c. worchestershire
    1/4 c. honey
    1 tbsp liquid smoke - this is the important part
    garlic powder to taste
    pepper to taste
    onion powder to taste
    Cayenne - the more the merrier

1.5 - 2 lbs thinly sliced beef

marinate overnight.
    dehydrate until its the consistency you like, I usually do it for about 8 hours.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jaredpetro For This Useful Post:

Tinder Gatherer
    Thanks

Ya homemade jerky is any day better than the ones from market. You are right dehydrators are the best way to store them. Infact jerky is a very healthy food. You can always try these homemade recipes.

Beef jerky

16. The Following User Says Thank You to trailhead12 For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast