Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Knock-off Fallkniven???

Woods Bum Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,779 Times in 3,805 Posts

the description says VG-10, the correct steel for an F1. The label calls it a military survival knife, which is also is (Swedish AF uses it.) The picture and the Fallkniven marking on the blade look right, but as mentioned, it's not hard to steal a picture. I think i read somewhere that almost all VG10 is made in Japan, so maybe this is a batch of "seconds" that found its way to Hong Kong.

I'd rather spend my $115 on a real one than waste $30 trying to find a 'good deal'.
    "Take a course in good water and air; and in the eternal youth of Nature you may renew your own. Go quietly, alone; no harm will befall you." John Muir

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seeker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

"Military Survival Hunting Camping Gear Tool Swiss Army Boot Knife Leather Sheath"

Where do you think the "Swiss Army" got into the equation?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cardo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,966 Times in 2,711 Posts

I think all the vg steels are made in Japan and the knives made from it are made there too, I dont believe they export that steel, Fallknivens are a Swedish company but have their blades made in Japan to the best of my knowledge.

Larry
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    the description says VG-10, the correct steel for an F1. The label calls it a military survival knife, which is also is (Swedish AF uses it.) The picture and the Fallkniven marking on the blade look right, but as mentioned, it's not hard to steal a picture. I think i read somewhere that almost all VG10 is made in Japan, so maybe this is a batch of "seconds" that found its way to Hong Kong.

I'd rather spend my $115 on a real one than waste $30 trying to find a 'good deal'.
    Just my opinion, I COULD be wrong!!

Turley #88 GEEZER

AXE MOB

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bax 40 For This Useful Post:

Clinging to the Cross Supporter wooly bugger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,137 Times in 498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
    It seems to have a decent return policy. I say get it, and check it out. Worse case senario you spend a couple bucks on shipping, and ur not wondering if the knife was up to par or not.
    Just be careful. By the time you pay the return shipping to Hong Kong and the exchange rate eats some of your refund, you may not have much left
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. - 1 Corinthians 16:13 / Machete Mafia / Stuff for Sale - HERE

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wooly bugger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 754 Posts

Well, I doubt I will order one, really don't have $40 to "waste" on it if its a fake.

Just thought it was odd and interesting to see what appears to be a real Fallkniven for so cheap.
    If anybody else does order one, let me know how it works out.

Tracker
    Thanks

they sure seem to have the market cornered on knockoffs. went through their feedback and while they have a few negatives, most are concerns over shipping, colour, stains rather than actual quality.

also selling 'buck vanguards' for under 20$ although they are advertized as a 'buck knife saber dagger.' i have several authentic vanguards and the knife/sheath in their pics only superficially looks like the ones i have in my knife drawer.

imo, nothing beats a good old made in the usa knife!!!

i think they need to hire few more chinese to english translators out their profit margin.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Military-Sur...-/121018697298
    Last edited by trilobitz; 01-17-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Curmudgeon. B.O.F. Supporter 45jack's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,256 Times in 1,243 Posts

Even if it were properly heat treated 400 series or some such 40 bucks is not a lot for a good knife. Can't hardly buy a Case peanut for that.

Edit: I really don't know what makes VG-10 special as I generally like carbon blades. Lately Helle has been really changing my opinion on SS.
    ~ Jack

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
    John Adams

Scout
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,727 Times in 541 Posts

If you buy this you deserve what you get...

Obvious fake.

If you want to support scum who are trading off the good name of a reputable company go ahead.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pap11y For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,934 Times in 854 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pap11y View Post
    If you buy this you deserve what you get...

Obvious fake.

If you want to support scum who are trading off the good name of a reputable company go ahead.
    Touchy...

sent from my dumb phone.

Scout
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,727 Times in 541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bushwolf View Post
    Well, I doubt I will order one, really don't have $40 to "waste" on it if its a fake.

Just thought it was odd and interesting to see what appears to be a real Fallkniven for so cheap.
    If anybody else does order one, let me know how it works out.
    There are heaps of these coming up these days. Cold steel, strider, busse and chris reeve just to name a few..

I haven't attacked you for asking the question. With less experience with fallkniven I may have been caught out too.

Its one thing if a brand is making something to compete with a product in a similar market. Its a whole other thing when they are deceiving people into believing this is that exact product..

This hurts good companies every where and the sellers should not be supported. Eventually it costs people their jobs.

If people still want to buy this stuff hey knock yourself out but as I said "you get what you deserve"

If you want a cheaper knife that is tried and tested from a reputable company get a condor or a mora. Support people and companies who are working hard to give you great products.

These people do not deserve your money.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pap11y For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast