Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Knock-off Fallkniven???

Guide
    Thanks

I remember when a real one was >$100 new....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Corso For This Useful Post:

WILDEROXEN Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,099 Times in 3,957 Posts

There was a Bushcraft gear place in England selling a complete rip off of the Tops Lil wolf Wolf, Werewolf, Ninja wolf, scout wolf, Folkwolfe, peter and the wolf, big bad wolf...anyway it was something wolf, I called Tops they got a hold of the shop and shut it down I'm not really into that but buying Copies, Bootlegs, pirated, re pop, counterfeit anything is just bad form and dont help anything with gear or Info always consider the source factory seconds are a differant story but they should be described as that many of the Outlet type places with such great deals are selling seconds I have some PatgucciGoninia layers I bought in Cabazon Cali at the Patagroinia Outlet that would pop up everything in it was cut tag seconds but its lasted more years than I ever imagined and have got alot of use out of that stuff... they make a batch the color is of or slight stitching prob and it goes to the outlet they cant melt it down even though it would look great if they said that in the Awesome catalog lol Look at a Campmore catalog they are very up front on that stuff

In Other words I'd pass

M/BK
    http://www.youtube.com/user/OperationalExtras http://operationalextras.wordpress.com/
    LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
    Tracker Pack # 1/Flint Tracker Pack #1

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Black For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Even the box looks spot on.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Unicoi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Check the measurements .

http://www.fallkniven.com/en/counterfeit

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dancan For This Useful Post:

Guide
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 1,066 Posts

Not all Chinese made stuff is junk. I have some knives and other gear that are quite good. Many are made in Chinese factories under the supervision of American engineers and carry good names. In this case, however, it isn't a knife made on the order of an older design but one purporting to be an original and that is fraud, plain and simple. I wouldn't touch it at any price. I think Pap11 said what I think about the matter.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rdec For This Useful Post:

Scout
    Thanks

I don't mind imitations, just about every knife company in the world has made an imitation of the Buck 110. Just as lon as they don't have the actual companies logo and try to pass it as the real thing.

But when you startn making knock offs, putting on the trademark logos, and selling it as an original I don't agree with it.

make a k nife that looks like the F1, but keep the fallkniven name and logo off of it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 779 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pap11y View Post
    There are heaps of these coming up these days. Cold steel, strider, busse and chris reeve just to name a few..

I haven't attacked you for asking the question. With less experience with fallkniven I may have been caught out too.

Its one thing if a brand is making something to compete with a product in a similar market. Its a whole other thing when they are deceiving people into believing this is that exact product..

This hurts good companies every where and the sellers should not be supported. Eventually it costs people their jobs.

If people still want to buy this stuff hey knock yourself out but as I said "you get what you deserve"

If you want a cheaper knife that is tried and tested from a reputable company get a condor or a mora. Support people and companies who are working hard to give you great products.

These people do not deserve your money.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdec View Post
    Not all Chinese made stuff is junk. I have some knives and other gear that are quite good. Many are made in Chinese factories under the supervision of American engineers and carry good names. In this case, however, it isn't a knife made on the order of an older design but one purporting to be an original and that is fraud, plain and simple. I wouldn't touch it at any price. I think Pap11 said what I think about the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by hughewil View Post
    I don't mind imitations, just about every knife company in the world has made an imitation of the Buck 110. Just as lon as they don't have the actual companies logo and try to pass it as the real thing.

But when you startn making knock offs, putting on the trademark logos, and selling it as an original I don't agree with it.

make a k nife that looks like the F1, but keep the fallkniven name and logo off of it.
    I agree with all of you, and have no desire to support counterfit knives.

The reason I posted this is because it looked just like a real Fallkniven, I wondered if these were maybe factory seconds or something like that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 689 Posts

I have a F1 with that leather sheath. I've had it for a couple of years. I think I paid $120 for it. I would say the pictures look real, but those could have been swiped from anywhere. I believe they were, they they are not sharp. I can see the lamination line, but that doesn't mean anything.

If it was me, I would stay away from this "deal". If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. Buyer beware I guess. If you wave $30 to throw away, have at it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sides For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hey guys,look carefully at the handle end,a real F1 the tang comes out of the end of the knife for hammering purposes,the pictures aren't the best,but i can't see that tang anywhere on any the pictures,maybe someone else can see what i mean...
    Last edited by Pat1973; 01-17-2013 at 08:02 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pat1973 For This Useful Post:

Curmudgeon. B.O.F. Supporter 45jack's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,319 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dancan View Post
    Wow! A genuine counterfeit knife! Whudda thunk it?!

my Granddad used to tell me "Don't believe any thing you hear and only half of what you see.".

More true now than it was in the fifties.
    ~ Jack

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
    John Adams

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 45jack For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast