Thread: Lucked out!

Tracker
    Thanks

Default Lucked out!

To say I had a crappy day yesterday, well that's an understatement. I got home from work early and thought I hadn't turned off the shower so I walk into my bathroom noticed standing water on the floor. At first i thought it was my toilet leaking water on the backside but then realized the bump above my head. I called maintenance and it turned out the apartment above me had a clogged toilet that had been overflowing all day and was leaking into my apartment. So after the most awkward conversation I have ever had I began to go through everything. The only thing that survived was my waterproof battery carrier. So I gotta chalk this one up as a win because without me getting into bushcraft I probably would have been out of some batteries! So how has having bushcraft gear saved y'all from life's little annoyances?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TomaHawkWard For This Useful Post:

of the Maki Clan Supporter clanmaki's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 595 Posts

Sounds like You have one heck of a Glass half full, Every cloud has a silver lining, Positive attitude! Sorry about all that happened to you but you obviously are a survivor with a great attitude!
    There are no "failures", Just learning experiences.

PSALMS 83:18; ISAIAH 43:10-12

4. The Following User Says Thank You to clanmaki For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 809 Posts

I really hope you have renters insurance.

If anyone out there does not have it, you're living on borrowed time... it's CHEAP and your landlord does NOT owe you anything in these types of situations.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GrandLarsony For This Useful Post:

Tracker
    Thanks

I got insurance but the complex has already stepped up to fix it(edit my upstair neighbot offered to pay for the stuff that got ruined too). I just realized that I have a waterproof notebook and pen coming in today, i just missed a perfect testing opportunity.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TomaHawkWard For This Useful Post:

Scout
    Thanks

wow. great attitude. me i would have been fit to be tied! well, maybe not. shit happens. LOL sorry, i just had too.

Tracker
    Thanks

Well you know some times the showers are golden sometimes they aren't. But it made it real easy to get through it since the UPS guy fropped off my German NATO Rucksack and another Fin gas mask bag. Although I 'm not sure if he'll deliver anything else, he looked at me and asked what that smell was when i told he just walked off with a sad look on his face.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TomaHawkWard For This Useful Post: