Thread: Thumbnail-destroying slipjoint

Thanks

Default Thumbnail-destroying slipjoint

If this has been covered, I'm sorry (I couldn't find it) and thanks in advance for the link to the right thread.

Mrs. Claus got me a new knife last month, a Bear & Sons barlow:

20130125_113728.jpg

I love this knife. It's the right size, it's got two super useful blades and I've been using it every day. I especially love being able to pull out my pocketknife at school in front of my colleagues and even my students without anyone saying anything at all. It's even got sentimental value since it was a gift from my wife.

But the large blade has been getting increasingly difficult to work. I'm not carrying it today because this morning I had to get another tool to help me open the large blade. I rinsed it out with water and then with lighter fluid, worked both blades, and oiled them... without it making much difference. I didn't do anything that I didn't do to loosen up another old(ish) knife I've got laying aroud... it worked on that knife.

So, any tips?

Thanks.

Scout
    Thanks

Sentry Solutions Tuf-Glide. .I have used it on all of the folders I've ever owned. I like the precision applicators. Shop around and check your local gun shop.
    http://www.sentrysolutions.com/category/SS.html
    Last edited by Bouncer871; 01-25-2013 at 12:07 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bouncer871 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Try running some oil down the backsprings as well. If something got down there you may be trying to life the knife against both springs at the same time. Beyond that, oil the joints, wrap the blade in cardboard, and work it back and forth while you watch tv. It's worked for me on some real nail breakers in the past

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Yankeewoodsman For This Useful Post: