After reading through the Wool-Blanket-Anorak-Extravaganza I came to the conclusion that I needed to make an anorak. I read through most of the posts and made a pattern, borrowing from several different ideas. I made a rough draft with the pattern out of polar fleece. It did not come out very well. So I searched the internet for the Green Pepper pattern that Wildschwein used I used an Italian wool blanket I had stinking up my basement. I got it a couple months ago, just as the weather started turning cold, rainy and mostly overcast, so letting it de-stink-ify outside for any amount of time wasn't an option. I had it hung in the basement with a fan oscillating on it for about 10 days. It helped, but there is a faint hint of the mothball aroma still lingering.
I wanted this anorak to be fairly warm, so I lined it with thin worsted wool taken from the great kilt from my SCA days. I lined the hood, collar, and cuffs with leather taken from an old bomber jacket I got when I was 16. I used tan BDU buttons. The from pocket is fairly large with a hand-warmer pocket behind. The hood from the Green Pepper patterns was so tremendously enormous and shaped just right that when I put it on the front fell down to my chin. I lopped 2 inches off of the bottom hem and put it back on. This helped a great deal.
On with the pictures:
I want to thank everyone in the above posted links for the inspiration to get this done.
I will get some action shots a bit later.