Thread: Swedish LK35SJ Medic's Pack or Rucksack

Tracker Supporter
    Thanks

Default Swedish LK35SJ Medic's Pack or Rucksack

Major Surplus has this "Swedish Tubular Frame Medical Pack" bag (new, unissued) for $20. Some descriptions also call this a Ranger's backpack, though that is really what the LK70 is. Anyway, after buying some LK35's and LK50's last fall, I was interested in this "half-pack" version. The ones I received in fact appear to be unissued, and even free of all but the slightest hint of "stored forever" musty odor. The leather part of the hip belt is unused and in good shape but probably could use a treatment of lexol. The stamping on the shoulder strap is feint, but the one under the lid is better: Haglofs, 1988.

Two other notes: unlike alot of websites, Major Surplus lets you specify whether you are shipping to a residence or business - this saved me about seven bucks on shipping. They also have used LK35's for $15 and a "Royal Crown Backpack", condition unspecified, "aluminum frame" that appears to actually be the LK50 for $20.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rescout For This Useful Post:

Tracker
    Thanks

These look like a swiss version of the U.S. Alice rucksack. Cool.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,268 Times in 3,370 Posts
    Items for Sale

Nice website

How does personal or business give you a discount?

Which gives you the discount, because my shipping priced stayed the same.. Residence or Business?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Exy; 02-25-2013 at 04:27 AM.

Tracker Supporter
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exy View Post
    Nice website

How does personal or business give you a discount?

Which gives you the discount, because my shipping priced stayed the same.. Residence or Business?

Thanks!
    At one point in checkout for shipping address there is a field that, as I recall, is defaulted to "residence". You can click on it and select "business". UPS charges less to ship to a business that is already a regular stop for them. I don't know if the software can check an address to confirm it is a regular UPS business address or not.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rescout For This Useful Post:

Exy