Thread: The Alaska Wilderness Adventure

Tracker
    Thanks

Default The Alaska Wilderness Adventure

I'm sure discussion of this movie (The Alaska Wilderness Adventure) has come up before, but I couldn't find it. I stumbled onto this movie on Amazon while checking out no-cost movies and TV shows available to Prime members. When I read the description about how a family moved to remote Alaska to live off the land and in harmony with nature, I immediately thought this was some kind of tree hugger/hippie movie where all the animals get along and the wolves and caribou frolic with one another.

I can say that I was pleasantly surprised to find out that this movie is more of a documentary about the Meader family moving to a remote valley in the Arctic and living off the land. It's about an hour and half long and time flew by while I was watching it. Very interesting techniques they used to preserve their meat. I won't spoil the show for those of you who havent' seen it, but definitely worth watching if you're into living off the land...and I'd guess that most of us here are

Not sure if this is on Netflix or not but it is no-cost for Amazon Prime members. You can always sign up for a free 30 day trial, watch the movie and then cancel. It may be other places, but I haven't checked. Personally, I'd rate it as good as 'Alone in the Wilderness'.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BigDon For This Useful Post:

Tracker
    Thanks

Good watch. Not quite as good as alone in the wilderness, but close.