Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Turley #26 (Now #4) Green River "Neo Edo"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,845 Times in 253 Posts

Default FS: Turley #26 (Now #4) Green River "Neo Edo"

Hey guys, I have a Turley #26/#4 Green River "Neo Edo" for sale. Here's the write-up Iz had on his site on it:

"Model #26 Green River "Neo Edo"

This one started out as a mistake and then it morphed into something I've wanted to do for a while. The tang warped slightly when I heat treated it and no matter what I tried it kept springing back. It doesn't affect useability but it creates a small glue line where the pommel plate matched up. So I wrapped it with a Katana wrap with the micata showing though and epoxy coated the handle. It's actually a pretty comfortable handle.

I like it a lot and I hope you do too.

I call it "Neo Edo" to kind of suggest the Japanese influence mixed with the newer style.

Anyway here's the specs on it:

5/32" o-1 tool steel. varied convex grind, antique finished blade, natural canvas micarta under scales, brass pins, natural canvas micarta pommel plate, coyote brown paracord wrapped handle, epoxy coated

It comes in the standard Green River packaging with an authentication sheet."

I really, really would rather not sell this knife, but I got some bad financial news recently and have probably purchased too many knives recently anyway, so there's that. Moreover though, this knife is new, and that's kind of part of my problem in a weird way. I tend to really beat the crap out of things when I use them, especially knives, and I cannot seem to bring myself to do that with this knife. I think I see it as too much of a collectible because of its unique nature, so I haven't used it beyond making a couple feathersticks the night I got it. For whatever reason, I'm just not taking it into the field with me when I go, and this is a knife that deserves to be used. And, because of my financial status at the moment, it's not really smart for me to sit on something like this without at least putting it to use. So, I'm putting it up for auction on here, hoping that if one of you wins it you'll really use it!

Here are pictures of the knife I took the night I got it. Since then, it has sat safely in a soft case, but I will add more pictures later if there's interest.

There are more pictures here, on the Turley knives website, that Iz took before he sent it off:

http://www.turleyknives.com/apps/pho...toid=172694202

I'm going to do this as a silent auction, like lots of these go, and I'll post the high bid up once I start receiving a few offers. Just PM me your offer. Like most people, I guess, I do have a price I would like to see out of it, so if there isn't the interest for it, I'll let everyone know and cancel the sale. I would like to start the bidding at $400, which is less than I paid for it originally.

I'll end the auction on Sunday night (March 10th) at about 6pm mountain time. I prefer Paypal, gift or 3% please. I don't have a lot of feedback on here, actually I may have none, though I have purchased things. I am the original owner of the knife straight from Iz, so if you're concerned about that, I may be able to ask him to let you know I'm not just making things up haha. If you still have concerns about the lack of feedback, just let me know and we'll figure something out.

The knife will come with the original paperwork in the Green River packaging. The bidding price will include shipping in the US. I've not shipped internationally, but if you win the knife I will try to figure something out, though shipping will be more. If you guys have any questions, just let me know. Thanks a lot for looking!
    Last edited by JRoot1BC; 03-05-2013 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Added the date of auction end
    "Au pire, on meurt."
    - - -
    מה העבר הוא פרולוג

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JRoot1BC For This Useful Post:

Hardwoodsman Bush Class Basic Certified
    Vendor
    Thanks
    Thanked 57,745 Times in 12,327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JRoot1BC View Post
    I don't have a lot of feedback on here, actually I may have none, though I have purchased things. I am the original owner of the knife straight from Iz, so if you're concerned about that, I may be able to ask him to let you know I'm not just making things up haha. If you still have concerns about the lack of feedback, just let me know and we'll figure something out.
    Jroot has bought at least a couple knives from me and each experience has been smooth and a pleasure. Just letting you know my experience with him since he mentioned it. Good to go in my experience.

Good luck with the sale, J.
    Romans 10:9
    Turley Knives web site
    Remember the birds
    youtube channel
    Turley Knives sub-forum
    My blog about Turley knives and stuff
    http://turleycustomknives.blogspot.com/
    "See the High Priest He took my place, when the Judge looks at me He sees His Son's face." -16 Horsepower

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iz View Post
    Jroot has bought at least a couple knives from me...
    Haha only a couple... for now...
    "Au pire, on meurt."
    - - -
    מה העבר הוא פרולוג

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JRoot1BC For This Useful Post:

Iz

Thanks
    Thanked 8,787 Times in 3,533 Posts
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by JRoot1BC View Post
    Haha only a couple... for now...
    Good luck on the sale,

I find the knife very interesting.. I hope you get what you need from it fella

Someone is going to be the lucky owner of a brand new Turley.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Exy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The sun popped out for a half-second today, so I went out to try and get a few more shots of the knife.

I wish they showed the deeper colors and contrast of the handle better, as it's much more beautiful (imo) than in the pictures. Anywho, thanks for looking.
    "Au pire, on meurt."
    - - -
    מה העבר הוא פרולוג

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JRoot1BC For This Useful Post:

Modern Day Kill Captain Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Vendor
    Thanks
    Thanked 57,010 Times in 5,947 Posts
    Items for Sale

That is one of the coolest green rivers ever, i wish i could buy it from you man best of luck with the sale
    "The coward believes he will live forever If he holds back in the battle, But in old age he shall have no peace Though spears have spared his limbs ." - Havamal

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kerri For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,436 Times in 849 Posts

Have there been any bids on this beautiful knife?
    The chief enemy of creativity is good sense. - Pablo Picasso

~~Axe Mob~~

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sequoia Kid For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kerri View Post
    That is one of the coolest green rivers ever, i wish i could buy it from you man best of luck with the sale
    Thanks man, it's much nicer in person, so I'm sure if someone gets it they will be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Sequoia Kid View Post
    Have there been any bids on this beautiful knife?
    Yup, but only one. I might as well post it up, since it's Thursday already, but yup there's only been one bid for the starting price I posted, at $400. I don't know if there's not much interest or if people are waiting until it's closer to Sunday, but I guess we'll see!
    "Au pire, on meurt."
    - - -
    מה העבר הוא פרולוג

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JRoot1BC For This Useful Post:

Thanks

High bid today is $450.
    "Au pire, on meurt."
    - - -
    מה העבר הוא פרולוג

Thanks

Bump for today. Just about 48 hours left. Thanks to all who've looked.
    "Au pire, on meurt."
    - - -
    מה העבר הוא פרולוג

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast