Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Memory While In The Bush.

Thanks

Default Favorite Memory While In The Bush.

What is your guys favorite memory from the bush. I have so many that I cant even Choose. I want to see how many of you can actually pick one memory that is your favorite, and i like reading the stories.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutdoorColorado For This Useful Post:

Tinder Gatherer
    Thanks

Default Me vs the wild

My favorite memory, is when I was hunting in the Rocky Mountain National park and hit this nice elk from 20 yards away with my recurve. As I was tracking him, he fell right next to a steep ridge, as I was trying to pull the arrow out of him, I slipt and fell down the ledge and pass out. I awoke next to Bear Grylls, who had rescued me from almost falling into a pit of ferocious Mammoths, he healed me with his legendary piss. After about 2 weeks frollicing in the outdoors of Colorado, we found civilization, but only to realize that the apocolypse had hit. True story.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ColoradoBowyer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoBowyer View Post
    My favorite memory, is when I was hunting in the Rocky Mountain National park and hit this nice elk from 20 yards away with my recurve. As I was tracking him, he fell right next to a steep ridge, as I was trying to pull the arrow out of him, I slipt and fell down the ledge and pass out. I awoke next to Bear Grylls, who had rescued me from almost falling into a pit of ferocious Mammoths, he healed me with his legendary piss. After about 2 weeks frollicing in the outdoors of Colorado, we found civilization, but only to realize that the apocolypse had hit. True story.
    Hahaha. Wow. Didn't see that coming.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutdoorColorado For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,998 Times in 1,065 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorColorado View Post
    What is your guys favorite memory from the bush. I have so many that I cant even Choose. I want to see how many of you can actually pick one memory that is your favorite, and i like reading the stories.
    Sorry, man. I can't pick a favorite either. The worst time I ever had in the wild was wonderful.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FreeMe For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FreeMe View Post
    Sorry, man. I can't pick a favorite either. The worst time I ever had in the wild was wonderful.
    Ive tried and tried. For the life of me I cannot pick. And just like you, the worst time was still way better than sitting inside being bored.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to OutdoorColorado For This Useful Post:

Bushmaster Bush Class Basic Certified
    Vendor
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,958 Times in 4,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorColorado View Post
    Ive tried and tried. For the life of me I cannot pick. And just like you, the worst time was still way better than sitting inside being bored.
    I don't know about all of that but yeah I don't think that I can pick a "best"
    I can think of lots of great memories though!
    http://www.facebook.com/mpknives

MP Knives Sub Forum
    My YouTube
    http://mpknives.com

"So many of our natural instincts are smothered by society, and much of our daily lives are directed by false goals, dictated to us by others. Even in this day and age, with our sophisticated technology and developed culture, it must still be important, just occasionally, to find a wild place." ~Guy Grieve "Call of the wild: My Escape to Alaska"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 556mp For This Useful Post:

Scout Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 357 Posts

About 13 years ago me and my girlfriend at the time and I went up into the blueridge mountains to a waterfall my hiking buddy at the time and I had found a few months back. It was only about a 4 mile hike in. We setup camp, ate dinner and just talked and cuddled by the waterfall. After desert and over her favorite peppermint tea I asked her to marry me and she said yes. That's the simplified version anyway. I've got a lot of great memories in and of nature but that one tops them all.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pmo6 For This Useful Post:

Guide
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,954 Times in 664 Posts

the very favorite? We've been reminded several times that this is a family forum.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to crookedknife For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crookedknife View Post
    the very favorite? We've been reminded several times that this is a family forum.
    Haha. Didn't mean it that way.

Tracker
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoBowyer View Post
    Uh, you want to admit to frolicking with Bear Grylls? Too much information!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast