Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushcraft vs Bushcraft Photography

Team Canada Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,928 Times in 2,060 Posts

Default Bushcraft vs Bushcraft Photography

first off let me say that i enjoy a good picture as much as the next guy and can appreciate the effort that gets put into it. with that said and with the rise of more amateur/hobbyists and self proclaimed professionals i have heard and seen alot of guys posting (or not posting) and asking forgiveness for their "crappy pics" or "phone pics".So i just wanna say get out there and take pics -make something or do something and take a crappy pic and share.This is not photoUSA it's BushcraftUSA.If you make a spoon and it looks like a butterknife ,who cares take a pic and share and have a laugh.Never be ashamed of trying anything and sharing what you did wrong or what you have learned or how the light reflected in your pic.the emphasis is just about doing.I also totally understand how a vendor may need great photos to sell their product and i also understand the photographer using their skills but thats what they do -you do your own job the rest of the week -have fun here -go take a phone pic

Bushmaster Bush Class Basic Certified tennecedar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,266 Times in 1,531 Posts

Best advice I've heard in a while!

3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tennecedar For This Useful Post:

Bushwhacker Supporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,464 Times in 2,402 Posts

I am with You Brother Doug. We have some Great Member's that take outstanding Pictures, Myself well o LOL and now with smart phones you are take Pic's any time. It's Nice to see Hobby Pic's and to see what other Member's see! Thanks for this Post Brother!!!
    “The longest journey of any person is the journey inward”

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mainewoods For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,256 Posts

spot on Doug...spot on. I am proud of nearly every crap picture I take....and I don't mind laughin at em either. We could always start a Crappy picture thread....

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rusty stove For This Useful Post:

Mod Supporter
    Vendor
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,575 Times in 4,438 Posts
    Items for Sale

HERE, HERE!!! I agree Doug..100% Even a crappy outof focus picture can help the most boring thread come to life......
    Skab Leatherworks Subforum

Blog

Tracker Pack#10

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Skab For This Useful Post:

Scout Supporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 272 Posts

One crappy picture comin up

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to KS49 For This Useful Post:

Modern Day Kill Captain Supporter
    Vendor
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,499 Times in 6,058 Posts

Right on!! Very few of my pictures and even videos were takin with an actual camera, almost everything i have posted has been with an Iphone or Droid phone.
    "The coward believes he will live forever If he holds back in the battle, But in old age he shall have no peace Though spears have spared his limbs ." - Havamal

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kerri For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,008 Times in 2,521 Posts

Great thread! I totally agree.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rlh2 For This Useful Post:

Bushmaster Bush Class Basic Certified
    Vendor
    Thanks
    Thanked 42,675 Times in 4,487 Posts

What is Bushcraft Photography? Ehh?? Ya Canoodian.

That and you dont need a top of the line dslr blah blah blah if you do want to take some better pictures. My last camera I got used for $45, and the one that I use now I got used for $175 if I remember correctly... And when I did not have internet, I used my cell phone.

So, what I'm saying is I agree. If you want to take some great photos and post them, awesome. If you take crappy photos, thats great too. There are some photo snobs here but they enjoy crap photos of you outside doing stuff just as much as others. and how crappy could it be if its outside?
    http://www.facebook.com/mpknives

MP Knives Sub Forum
    My YouTube
    http://mpknives.com

"So many of our natural instincts are smothered by society, and much of our daily lives are directed by false goals, dictated to us by others. Even in this day and age, with our sophisticated technology and developed culture, it must still be important, just occasionally, to find a wild place." ~Guy Grieve "Call of the wild: My Escape to Alaska"

17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 556mp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BushTramp View Post
    first off let me say that i enjoy a good picture as much as the next guy and can appreciate the effort that gets put into it. with that said and with the rise of more amateur/hobbyists and self proclaimed professionals i have heard and seen alot of guys posting (or not posting) and asking forgiveness for their "crappy pics" or "phone pics".So i just wanna say get out there and take pics -make something or do something and take a crappy pic and share.This is not photoUSA it's BushcraftUSA.If you make a spoon and it looks like a butterknife ,who cares take a pic and share and have a laugh.Never be ashamed of trying anything and sharing what you did wrong (or right) or what you have learned or how the light reflected in your pic.the emphasis is just about doing.I also totally understand how a vendor may need great photos to sell their product and i also understand the photographer using their skills but thats what they do -you do your own job the rest of the week -have fun here -go take a phone pic
    I'm guilty of the crappy picture apology several times over. But this ^ is truly a life lesson for some and one worth learning for sure.

Well said.
    Micro WSK Pack plank owner

"Live while you're alive because everyone dies." JLRider

Original Turley Knife Club member #1 (defunct) New Turley Knife Club member #55

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hawkcreek For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast