Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: walmart hammock review.

Thanks

Lightbulb walmart hammock review.

Short answer : I'm loving it.. bought this due to Walmart great return policy for a camping trip to the st. Lawrence river...

Comes in at $25 bucks with decent elasto rope and nice screw shut carbiner knockoffs...

Granted u can get others on ebaY for 15 bucks.. no one returns like Walmart...

Details: called the "equip" travel hammock. I have only seen this in a bright blue.. in the camping chair section..

Bottom line: holds my 300lbs plus a 30 lb kid. Loving it.. glad I bought it. And if you don't get the hammock fever... return it.

Cheers.

Scout Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Thanks

This was my first hammock. I've since been bitten by the hammock bug and upgraded to a Warbonnet Blackbird, but I still enjoy my Equip hammock.

I tossed the stock suspension in favor of amsteel whoopie slings which made it much easier to set up and more versatile. Damn thing is very strong, I was at 300lbs as well when I got mine, never had a problem.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Geektechnica For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,196 Times in 1,145 Posts

good info! thanks for sharing...

Tracker
    Thanks

Walmart near me had two on clearance when I was there Sunday. I will be there tomorrow before going camping at Letchworth State Park for a week, if they have one left, I will pick it up! Of course if I get one and have it set up, I have this feeling I will be fighting my dad's girlfriend's daughter for it (shes 7). I had been looking into these, and marked down to $20 I think they are a good deal. I hope they have one still. Might even grab both if they are still there.

Tracker
    Thanks

My neighborhood walmart doesn't have these. I have been making due with a big lots cotton beach hammock. It's kind of short but holds my weight (too damn much of it) well enough. It's fun to lounge in but can't manage to sleep in it.

Tracker Bush Class Basic Certified TSisk2's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought one about a week ago due to preparedmind101's recommendation. I have never laid in a hammock much less slept in one. I haven't set it up yet, but will get it up tomorrow and try it out. Let ya know a virgins view point.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 760 Posts

I have one too, it works great for me.

Thanks

I've been considering grabbing one of these so that my girlfriend has one too. Normally if we go camping together, we use a tent because she won't sleep in the hammock with me lol... thanks for the review. I was wondering if it was a quality hammock. I just really hate that blue...

Thanks

It's a Grand Trunk. Pretty good hammock, I have one. I used it last weekend. I would recommend that you replce those "S" hooks with Carabiners. They aren't the strongest things in the world. I found this out the hard way. Overall though, I'd give it a 4 out of 5 stars. It does what it says it does and its relatively cheap. And if you are a big boy like me, it will hold. Provided you replace those "S" hooks.

If you want to give hammock camping a shot I'd say go for it. If they don't have it at your local Wally World here's a link. http://www.walmart.com/ip/UltraLight...mmock/17469213

I use the ENO Atlas straps. Super easy to setup and rated to #400 for the pair. http://www.eaglesnestoutfittersinc.c...ct/AST001.html

You are ready to go for about $50, and it sets up in literally 5 minutes. If you find its not for you, sell it on fleabay.

EDIT: or sell it here on the forum.

Scout Supporter
    Bush Class Basic Certified
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMe Ike View Post
    I've been considering grabbing one of these so that my girlfriend has one too. Normally if we go camping together, we use a tent because she won't sleep in the hammock with me lol... thanks for the review. I was wondering if it was a quality hammock. I just really hate that blue...
    I don't care for the bright blue either. I tried to turn it dark brown-ish it with some RIT dye, but it is COMPLETELY impervious to dye. Not even the stitching took the color, the only thing that slightly changed shade was the silk-screen lettering on the stuff sack.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast