Thread: Unique Custom Lester River Bushcraft Knife

Guide Supporter backwoodstrails's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 595 Posts

Default Unique Custom Lester River Bushcraft Knife

No Longer Available
    This is a unique custom knife made by Jason at Lester River Bushcraft. The sheath is a Robert Jones custom with a firesteel loop.
    Jason calls this his Moors Kochanski inspired Bushcraft Knife. 4.5 cutting edge / 3/16 thick / A2 steel / Convex Grind (after the flat)
    This knife has a great feel in the hand! The knife has been used, not abused and is still in very good to excellent condition.

You can see photos of this exact knife all over the Lester River Bushcraft website.

Asking $185 for the knife & sheath. Including shipping to the U.S. / Outside the U.S. Pays Shipping.
    If you are a couple of years out on the Turley waiting list, this knife will hold you over just fine!
    Paypal preferred / Not looking for trades at this time / 18 or older please.
    If you are interested, please put an "I'll take it" in the thread so I know who asked first.

Last edited by backwoodstrails; 08-20-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    “Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain
    "My Sister has Multiple Personality Disorder, But........She's Good People." - Backwoodstrails

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to backwoodstrails For This Useful Post:

Scout
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,775 Times in 687 Posts

That is the exact knife I wanted Jason to build for me. Had to cancel the order due to unexpected issues. Very cool and unique knife.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JollyRoger3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,040 Posts

Ok, I'll ask...What are the holes in the blade for?

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to beacon For This Useful Post:

Scout
    Thanks

I really want to answer the question, but me jumping all over this post would be bad forum etiquette.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JollyRoger3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRoger3 View Post
    I really want to answer the question, but me jumping all over this post would be bad forum etiquette.
    Feel free to answer the question as I am not positive about the holes. I assumed they were there to use with a nail to make the knife spin and cut things evenly. You may be able to better explain.
    “Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain
    "My Sister has Multiple Personality Disorder, But........She's Good People." - Backwoodstrails

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to backwoodstrails For This Useful Post:

Scout
    Thanks

Okay then, thanks.

I asked Jason the exact question. I tried looking for my old email correspondence to refer to, but must have deleated. So ill give it a go from memory-

The holes serve for the same application as does the hole in a Skookum Bushtool to make a shear, he just took the concept a step further and made another hole to further add utility. For instance, It makes for a strong Sythe set up when using both holes in the blade lashed to L shaped pole for harvesting grasses for bedding and when trying to cut/chop at resources high up, like fruits and nuts etc.

It's a very unique design and in my opinion, that is what makes it so desirable.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by JollyRoger3; 07-24-2013 at 09:18 PM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JollyRoger3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Reserved
    Last edited by backwoodstrails; 08-12-2013 at 08:12 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to backwoodstrails For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Still Available

Thanks

Price drop to $185.00, Still including the Robert Jones Sheath.

Thanks

No longer available -