A new game coming to a town near you.....

Discussion in 'Geocaching' started by wingnut, Apr 15, 2012.

1. wingnut

wingnut Scout

Blog Posts:
    so i saw a friend of mine recently who also geocaches although i dont cache nearly like he does this guy is always caching or was. he tells me about a new game very similar but with out the swag or logs. it is called munzee at can be found at munzee.com. you need a smartphone and a data plan to use the munzees. you scan these qr barcodes (the square ones). and it auto logs the munzee and gives you the points for that munzee there are normal munzees, mystery ones and ones that on holidays and special occasions becomes special icons. now there is no log to sign but you can leave a digital log when you find them to let the owner who placed it know anything you want or opt out of leaving any messages if you choose. i have been doing it for a couple of weeks now and find it very fun. i have printed out several and placed them so for the cost of some ink, paper and tape i have created several. and if someone takes off with one i can reprint it very cheaply unlike when a cache gets removed. you also gain points when other player locate your munzee and can gain levels very fast. any who if you enjoy caching you may enjoy this as well and find it just another excuse to get out of the house. mnay cachers play this aswell and place them along side their caches so its like two games for the price of one.
  2. Dryphter

Dryphter Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    I just found a munzee tag on Sunday. Never heard of it until then. I may have to register and check it out.
  3. fruitbat

fruitbat Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    My kids and I found one a few months ago and have been doing it ever since. No need to sign a log, just scan and go.
  4. MANIMAL

MANIMAL Guide

Blog Posts:
    sounds alright - but the kids and me like the treasure and the logs
  5. grey mouse

grey mouse Scout

Blog Posts:
    It sounds like a game for the younger generation. I have been looking into the geo stuff but haven't taken the leap yet. I need the exercise though lol.