Alpaca blanket

Discussion in 'Sleep Systems' started by Poeschel, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Poeschel

Poeschel Tracker

Blog Posts:
    i know some of you have these blankets from alpaca for less. Any reviews, comments, pics? How about the rolled up size? Warmth? Thanks guys.

2. Harper

Harper Guide

Blog Posts:
  3. tomme boy

tomme boy Scout

Blog Posts:
    I like the one I have. I have the queen mil one. It is not that heavy. I have French mil one it is WAY heavier. But the alpaca one is soft as a fleece blanket

Harper likes this.
  4. Harper

Harper Guide

Blog Posts:
    It sounds like you're warming up to Alpaca.

As I recall, you weren't too impressed with your new blanket at first--it kind of surprised me.

5. tomme boy

tomme boy Scout

Blog Posts:
    Not sure how warm it is as I am house bound due to a surgery. But I am just not too sure on how it will hold up. I like it. But I feel that the French one is made better.

Harper likes this.
  6. ineffableone

ineffableone Guide

Blog Posts:
    I have had a queen sized Military Banedritas for several years and love it. It is as warm or slightly warmer than my Hudson Bay 4 pt blanket, but softer less bulky and lighter.

Something to note, these are not 100% alpaca, but 50/50 blend alpaca and merino wool. Which is part of why they are still reasonably priced. A 100% alpaca blanket like these would be twice or more the price. Though I have yet to find a good quality 100% alpaca blanket that is designed for more rugged use like the Banedritas. Most pure alpaca blankets seem designed for indoor use only. I do hope to eventually find a good quality 100% alpaca blanket though.

rsnurkle and Harper like this.