billboard tarps starting at $25.00

Discussion in 'Gear Deals' started by tim martin, Jan 24, 2013.

1. tim martin

tim martin Tracker

Blog Posts:
    let me start by saying that i know nothing about this co. just ran across the deal surfing the net.says 10' x22' is 25 bucks.http://www.billboardtarps.com/

2. hawkeye1776

hawkeye1776 Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    A Whelen Lean - to Tent, Perhaps?

There are patterns on the Internet that show how to make a polyethelene plastic Whelen Lean-To tent. You could also make it from a cotton or nylon fabric, I'm sure. But this is enough tarp - and a heavy enough tarp - to cut the pattern out on one sheet, Some Gorilla tape and some grommets, and you have a tent for a semi-permanent camp.

3. Citizen

Citizen Banned Member Banned

Blog Posts:
    I don't understand how this will ever be carry-able.

4. froldt

froldt Scout

Blog Posts:
    Pack mule. Or a motorized version of one. :1:

5. PaulK

PaulK Banned Member Banned

Blog Posts:
    Shipping doubled the price on the $25 tarp. Deal killer for me.

6. werewolf won

werewolf won TANSTAAFL Supporter Bushcraft Friend

Blog Posts:
    I could skin two maybe three kayaks with that amount of square footage. Even at double the price it is a great deal.
    Thanks

Wolf

7. R_W

R_W Guide

Blog Posts:
    Check craigslist and call the local sign companies. I can get the 14x48's for $20. They have been used for 6-12 months and cut down so the outside foot or so is not necessarily waterproof.

I use them as bale covers on the farm, shade roofs on pipe frames for the animals, groundcover to kill the grass for new garden space, and stored a couple back as emergency roof and window tarps for storm damage.

8. Kenj

Kenj Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    The only thing which i understand in your post is the word "Billboard" , I always seen billboards on the roads like the big screens but which kind of billboard you are talking about which size is in inches???? I would like to see some of these.

sign manufacturers Melbourne

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  9. PeteA

PeteA Scout

Blog Posts:
    Kenj, these sound like actual used vinyl, printed billboards that have been posted for a period of time and them have been removed. It sounds like there could be an image of some kind printed on one side. This is very heavy vinyl to withstand all types of weather and wind conditions. Basically they are recycling used and discarded billboards. I'd bet they are much heavier then even the poly tarp you get in Walmart for a few bucks. Along with that I'd image they must weigh a ton.

10. gamer

gamer Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I install these types of signs for a living. They can range anywhere from 13 to 20 oz sq/yrd(3'x3'). They are much too heavy to carry at a size that would be useful. I do use them for covering my wood pile out back and have some stashed some for sewing together as a wall tent at some point. They are joined by RF welding and do not sew well unless you use a backing or webbing(industry uses seatbelt webbing). Typically they have grommets or a pole pocket around the perimiter. Some have a bead welded on the perimiter for mounting with frames. All the ones I have ever installed and removed just go to the dump. If you can find a supplier, it should be easy to get them cheap.

11. forgeblast

forgeblast Scout

Blog Posts:
    I have seen them being sold as pond liners. I was thinking about using them for that.