Cow cleanup, aisle...

Discussion in 'Homesteading' started by dads2vette, Jan 11, 2017 at 3:56 PM.

1. dads2vette

dads2vette Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Well, finished most of the cleanup from the mess the cows made. They are still coming around but in fewer numbers. I managed to "block" a few of their paths going around the pond as they started to erode the small berm. I didn't directly cut off the route just built up some logs and brush to wrangle them toward the other path they started. We'll see how well that works.

I should probably just get a dog.

On a completely unrelated topic...woof it's warm in here. Got a little chilly inside this morning as I last put logs on the fire around midnight. I had to install a 3 foot chimney extension before getting a fire going inside. Started a quick, small fire to take the chill out of the air once I completed the 5 minute job. I sure did that, it's 2 pm and 88 degrees inside. I love having the windows open in the "winter"!
    ineffableone and Smokey Radley like this.
  2. ineffableone

ineffableone Guide

Blog Posts:
    Good job adding obstacles to paths you don't want them using. It should help create new habits for them to follow different paths. Though sometimes there is one especially stubborn cow, the escape artist who just seems to always be able to get out and around stuff to get where she wants to go, no matter what fence you put up that one cow always seems to figure out a way through or around. Hopefully you don't have one of them in your group of problem cows. I suspect those escape artist cows have some goat DNA somewhere in them.
    Subdood and dads2vette like this.