Fast Archery

Discussion in 'Archery' started by sbkittrell, Jan 3, 2013.

1. sbkittrell

sbkittrell Guide

Blog Posts:
  2. Pappy Frank

Pappy Frank Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Have seen this before and I am still impressed.

3. dinosaur

dinosaur Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Well, I'm nowhere near that fast but a long time ago I challenged a guy who said that compound bows were so much better than traditionals that it was a joke. I told him he was nuts and I could beat him with my longbow.

There were a large group of people there and we walked up to a range at twenty yards. They said go and I loosed. I fired three times before he got his first arrow off looking through his peep sight.

We went down and checked the targets. Sure enough, he hit the bull. I, on the other hand had a concentric circle of arrows all around the bull but I never exactly hit it. They were, however, very close. I said: "Gee, it looks like you were right."

The crowd laughed so hard at him that I kind of got the impression I won anyway. He was livid with anger and walked away muttering to himself.

I love a good recurve or longbow.

4. steve_t

steve_t Guide

Blog Posts:
    Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Homestead in Bulgari
    Thanks for this: the kinzhal technique is very popular at archery schools in Russia. Listening to the audio, I can hear the instructor setting different time limits and counting out the shots to himself, so I guess that you start with a set time and gradually speed up with practice.