Heat wave

Discussion in 'Oklahoma' started by siquani, Jul 20, 2011.

1. siquani

siquani Scout

Blog Posts:
    Sure is stinking hot out there, How's everyone handling the heat?

2. Whiskeyfox

Whiskeyfox Scout

Blog Posts:
    In florida here, used to it... Welcome to Florida weather folks! it's like that all the time here -- the humidity with the heat... mostly no outtings for me from the end of may to the end of august... we have 1 trip planned for an overnight at the springs at the end of this month, and the only reason it's doable is because the spring water is 72 degrees all year round.

-Whiskeyfox

3. briarbrow

briarbrow Banned Member Banned

Blog Posts:
    looking at some generalized average temps for any given month FL is cooler than OK according to aboutdotcom-just sayin

4. Trekon86

Trekon86 Guest

Blog Posts:
    Our house is a miserable place to be except my room, lmao. It's actually cooler at work than inside our home:(

PMZ

5. marbro

marbro Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Folks around me are complaining of no sun. its been raining and cloudy for a bit here in the puget sound area.

Stay safe and dont be afraid to camp out at your local food mart.

‪Something Men Do‬‏ - YouTube

6. siquani

siquani Scout

Blog Posts:
    AC is struggling to keep my apartment cool, it's about 80 degrees inside when it's 105 outdoors. I think I'm getting acclimated though, All the sudden sitting outside after dark in the 95 degree range is a treat, usually I'd be sweating my butt off :D

7. treeclimber617

treeclimber617 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    My clothes were soaked through with sweat by 9 AM today...summer topiary shearing can be awful at times. Fortunately there is always a healthy supply of water and emergen-c available, and thank goodness our AC works at home.

8. Trekon86

Trekon86 Guest

Blog Posts:
    Man today was terrible at work, I was in and out all day crossing the baking parking lot, hauling cans and bags of garbage to the dumpsters.

PMZ

9. 2crows

2crows Scout

Blog Posts:
    It's about 5:30 a.m. here and already 80. We got a good rain last night and that helped for a while but now the humidity is out of sight again.

I have a kinda large garden and try to do all my work there starting at first light. Then I retreat inside to the little a/c. This place is really nothing more than the family's permanent deer camp, so it's pretty short on the amenities. The window a/c keeps it pretty tolerable until late afternoon. Thankfully, it catches up again around bedtime.

This place is great in Spring and Fall, but Summer and Winter... not so much... :4:

10. LECTER

LECTER Scout

Blog Posts:
    Hamburg, Germany checking in!

Raining for 3 weeks and I'm wearing a sweater!!

It's really putting a cramp on me getting into the woods!! :mad:

11. siquani

siquani Scout

Blog Posts:
    Finally a day coming up this week forecasted with a high only in the 90s! We got an evening shower tonight and it dropped the temp to 79... I decided to grab a fishing rod and head down to the creek, I was actually a little chilly getting rained on!