Karesuando Knife

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by glen1100, Feb 18, 2012.

1. glen1100

glen1100 Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I thought I would pass on some information on the Karesuando Carbon Boar knife. The knife as it was shipped to me was useless, it was the dullest/ poorly ground knife I have ever owned The bevel was uneven to the point that sharpening was not possible,and it was saber ground with a terrible secondary bevel. I contacted the company that sold the knife to me, they said I had to return it to Karesuando. I tried several times to contact them and in 6 months no reply.
    That is the bad, now the good. I had the knife reground to a true scandi, and now its one of my favorite knives. The heat treatment and edge retention is excellent, the handle is very comfortable and the sheath is well made. I think this is a good knife, but the shape it was in as delivered I can't recommend it, If the maker or the seller would have stood behind their product I might believe I got a lemon. I wasn't expecting to much but for a $130.00 it should have at least been usable. The photos are after the repair

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  2. Raider197500

Raider197500 Guide

Blog Posts:
    good to know.... glad it worked out for you in the end

3. IamLegend

IamLegend Guide Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    Hate to hear of your problems. That's a good looking blade though.

4. glen1100

glen1100 Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    It turned out to be a very good knife. I tried to buy it from Ragnar's, but he doesn't ship to Canada, I think if he did I wouldn't of had the problem

5. anubis1335

anubis1335 Bushmaster

Blog Posts:
    AIM:
    anubaeobscura
    For $130 it better be perfect imo. Looks like a great knife (looks like a brusletto to me). Thanks for the honest review