mommy magic's collected recipes

Discussion in 'Bush Medicine' started by mommy magic, Feb 2, 2012.

1. sherlockian100

sherlockian100 Scout Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    Regarding restless leg syndrome...I heard (and then did a web search and it seems to have some validity) that if you put a bar of soap down by your feet while sleeping, under the blankets, that it helps resltless leg. Do a web search, there is a lot of chatter about it. I'm not sure why it helps, but they say it does.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  2. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Sherlockian100, thanks, i did look into it, interesting,

3. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    im begining to think no one wants anymore!

4. Branm008

Branm008 Guide

Blog Posts:
    You better believe we want more. I just got finished looking through them all, my mother as well. She wants to know what the shelf lives on these are?

Ive always been into herbs and tinctures, just starting to make my own so these are a huge help to me, just need to break down and go spend some money.

Thanks for sharing these as well, I am sure everyone feels the same.

-Brandon

5. rimfire63

rimfire63 Scout

Blog Posts:
    Nothing could be further from the truth.
    Please continue!

6. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    as a GENERAL rule......
    dry herbs are good for one year (season to season)
    teas are good for only a few days,
    tinctures are good for about 3-5 years because of the alcohol in them.
    lotions, creams are good for 6 month unless preservative is used (alcohol honey).
    salves are good for 6 months to 1 year depending on the preservative
    tinctures and oils should be kept in dark bottles and liquid should be clear note tinctures and oils will take on color from the herbs used but should still be clear. ie: like brandy , apple cider , cider vinegar
    liquids that have milky or milky threads are no good , its a sign there bad. some recipes Ive posted are good years and years like the lung fever salve.

7. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Homemade hand warmer recipe
    25g- iron powder (filings or grindings)
    1- gram sodium chloride ( table salt)

combine in plastic bag and shake to mix.
    add to bag,
    1- tablespoon vermiculite (or charcoal or sawdust)
    shake to mix
    store in air tight jar until ready to use.
    TO ACTIVATE,
    add 1- teaspoon (5 ml) water, seal the bag tight then squeeze and shake.
    NOTE: fine steel wool could be used instead of iron filings.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Internal use (for skin anthrax)
    Add 5- drops cinnamon bark essential oil, 8- drops geranium essential oil, 5- drops lavender essential oil, and 5- drops savory essential oil to 2- ounce bottle of vodka or brandy.Add 40-50 drops of this essential oil /alcohol mixture to a half- glass of warm water. Then add 20- drops calendula herb tincture and 20- drops ofartichoke herb tincture into the water.

Take combined mixture 3- times per day, before meals.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Comfrey Gel
    1- cup freshly chopped comfrey root.
    1- cup water

Simmer for 20 minutes. Let cool, then strain through a coarse sieve.You can use the resulting gel immediatly or roll in to small balls and freeze for future use.To treate: rub gel onto injured area on a regular basis until condition improves.
    (for burns and abrasions for dogs and people)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------Nature's Penicillin
    24- cloves garlic
    raw honey

Peel the garlic and put them in a medium size jar, add honey, a little at a time over a couple of days, until the jar is full; then set it in a sunlit window until garlic has turned somewhat opaque and honey tastes strongly of garlic. Take a teaspoon every few hours or whatever necessary.
    (to soothe a sore throught or cough)
    Peter Rabbit's Tea (safe for kids)
    (stomachache, stress, anxiety, nerves and such)

2- cups boiling water
    1- teaspoon chamomile flowers
    1- teaspoon lemon balm leaves
    1/2- teaspoon catnip leaves
    1/2- teaspoon fennel OR dill seeds

pour boiling water over herbs and steep for 10 minutes.strain out herbs and allow to cool. have your child sip this tea as needed, sometimes as little as 1/4 cup spells relief.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Arthritis drink
    combine 1/3- cup honey
    1- cup vinegar
    16- ounces grape juice
    32- ounces apple juice

drink 1 or 2 ounces daily
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    i cant remember where i get some of the recipes,so PLEASE know that i do not take any creadit for any of the recipes that i post..... i get them from other forums, books, magazines and such. i just post them so that everyone can enjoy them and so that there in one spot for everyone.

this recipe i got from a forum and it asked the the name NOT be changed.........PLEASE honor his wishes!!!!!!!
    we use this one ALL the time, we have 6 tubes of it in the freezer....

Ultralight Joe's Moose Goo
    2- parts honey
    2- parts corn flour (not corn meal)
    1- part peanut butter
    mix thoughly, pack into Coghlan's sqeeze tubes, or cold weather wrap in wax paper.
    singal sqeeze tube proportions 2-3 lunches w/ large tortilla...
    8- tablespoons honey, 8- tablespoons corn flour, 4- tablespoons peanut butter.

8. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Deodorant Powder
    Mix equal parts of the following ingredients:
    orris root
    orange peel powder
    lemon peel powder

Add for scent:
    calamus root OR licorice root

Put mixture into a powder dispenser and use on any part of the body to deodorize.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    thought this recipe would be good for not only babys bottoms but also a great solution for preppers to have wet ones as they need them.....

Castile Solution
    1 tablespoon almond, apricot, or other oil
    1 tablespoon Dr Bronner's Liquid Castile Soap
    2 drops tea tree oil
    1 drop lavender oil
    1 cup water

When mixing solutions it works best to start with oil and end with water. The oil will coat your measuring tools so the soap slips right off. Be sure to add the water slowly or you'll end up with a ton of bubbles! Most of the time it's easiest to gently mix the wipe solution in a bottle with a cover, then pour it into the storage container.

There are many different ways to store and apply wipe solutions to your wipes, try a few of the following ideas to find the one that works best for your family. You may discover that one system works great at home and another works great away from home. Here's some ideas to get you started:

Use a spray bottle to spritz baby's bottom or the wipes. (For baby's comfort we prefer spraying the wipes)
    Use a bottle with a pull-up spout (like on bottled-water bottles) to dribble solution onto the wipes.
    Warm solution and place in an insulated container to provide warm wipes for baby.
    Place the solution into a commercial baby wipes container and dip wipes into the solution.
    Place cloth wipes in a commercial baby wipes container and pour wipes solution over wipes.
    A commercial baby wipes container can be placed in a wipes warmer to provide cozy warm wipes for baby.

Don't store solution or wet wipes for a long time because they can become musty and the wet wipes may even grow mildew - ewww! Check your solution and wet wipes daily, and mix smaller batches of solution frequently instead of large batches less often to avoid mustiness. We mix fresh solution once a week, store it in a bottled-water bottle, and have not had any problems with mustiness.

note: other recipes for wipe call for vinager to inhibit mold.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Hardtack
    3- cups flour
    2- teaspoons salt
    1- cup water

in a large bowl, mix flour and salt, add water and stir or work with hands to blend. knead dough, adding more flour if mixture becomes sticky. turn out onto a floured board, roll dough into a rectrangle 1/2 inch thick, using a sharp knife, cut dough into 3 inch squares. using clean nail, poke 16 holes though each square. bake @ 375% for 25 minutes or until brown. store in an airtight container

makes 12
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Vapor Rub
    1/4- teaspoon eucalyptus essential oil
    1/8- teaspoon pepperment essential oil
    1/8-teaspoon thyme essential oil
    1/4- cup olive oil

combine ingredients in a glass bottle. Shake well to mix oils evenly. Gently massage into chest and throat.

Astringent Liniment
    1-part yarrow
    1-part shepherd's purse
    1-part calendula
    1/4-part cayenne

TO MAKE: cover the herbs with warmed vinegar and / or witch hazel extract, let the mixture sit for 2 to 3 week, strain and rebottle. this liniment will last indefinitly, and can be used as an astringent for muscualar pain and aches.

9. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Cold and flu season helper (for colds)
    1/4-teaspoon ginger powder
    1/4- teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1- tablespoon honey
    1- tablespoon apple cider vinegar
    2- tablespoons hot water

Take one teaspoon every hour. The cayenne pepper really gets things moving, This stuff is potent, but not unbearable.
    Tea for Cold and flu season (cough and cold)
    try about 5 slices of ginger
    1- clove garlic (sliced)
    some fresh squeezed lemon juice
    and honey to taste

put all in large mug and cover with boiling water, let sit for 5 minutes, then sip on this.
    works wounders!
    keep a steady flow of this til symptoms let up. several cups throughout the day.
    Ear Oil (for infections and earaches)
    1/4- mullein oil
    1/4- garlic oil
    1/4- calendula oil
    1/4- st. johns wort oil

TO USE: before bed, fill your ear canal with the oil and put cotton in ear, to keep from running out. repeat nightly as needed.
    Animal Gatorade
    2- quarts of water
    4-oz. of eather honey or karo syrup
    1-teaspoon salt
    1-teaspoon soda

mix well, amd administer to small animals with eyedropper. some times an animal like cats and dogs will drink it on their own!
    Ratio of clorox bleach to water for purification
    2-drops of REGULAR clorox bleach per quart of water
    8- drops of REGULAR clorox bleach per gallon of water
    1/2- teaspoon of REGULAR clorox bleach per 5 gallons of water
    if water is cloudy, double the recommended dosages of clorox bleach.

NOTE: ONLY use regular clorox bleach (not fresh sent or lemon) to insure that bleach is at its full strength, rotate or replace your storage bottle minimally every 3 months.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yummy Homemade Toothpaste!
    2- Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
    3- Tablespoons of Baking Soda
    3- Tablespoons of Baking Soda
    5- drops Spearmint Essential Oil
    a pinch of Stevia powder

mixed it in a tiny wide mouth half-pint canning jar, and just dip dry toothbrushes in it. Don’t get grossed out… remember coconut oil is anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, so it will even keep the toothbrushes more sanitary.
    Homemade Toothpaste Recipe
    1/4 cup baking soda
    1/4 cup vegetable glycerin
    1 Tbsp castile liquid soap
    few drops peppermint, anise, wintergreen essential oil, optional
    dash of stevia or xylitol

Combine ingredients with a hand mixer or by hand as desired. Store in a old toothpaste dispenser by cutting the end off and filling with your toothpaste. Seal the end with masking tape until it is ready for a re-fill. Both of these recipes work well for cleaning your teeth and are completely safe and natural…so no fear for the little ones! Just make sure to only give them a little dab on the toothbrush because the ingesting essential oils is the only concern here. So please use less essential oils if you are concerned.

Dakin’s Solution( kill most bacterias and viruses.)

32- ounces (4 cups) of clean water
    1/2- teaspoon of of baking soda
    Sodium hydrochlorite solution at 5.25%(Bleach-unscented)

1- Wash your hands well with soap and water.
    2- Measure out 32 ounces (4 cups) of clean water. Pour into a clean pan and allow water to boil for 15 minutes.
    3- Remove pan from heat.
    4- Using a sterile measuring spoon, add 1/2 tsp. of of baking soda to the water.
    5- Measure bleach according to the strength that is desired:
    For full stregnth – add 3 oz. bleach or 95 ml.
    For 1/2 strength – add 3 tbls. + 1/2 tsp. or 48 ml
    For 1/4 strength – add 1 tbls. +2 tsp. or 24 ml.
    For 1/8 stregnth – add 2 1/2 tsp. or 12-14 ml.
    6- Place the solution in a jar and close it tightly with a sterile lid. Cover the closed jar with tin foil to protect it from sunlight.
    7- Throw away any unused portion of the antiseptic within 48 hours of use. This solution can be made up to a month prior to using and stored away

Uses For Dakin’s Solution
    *Minor scrapes,
    *Skin and tissue infections,
    *Can be used before and after surgical procedures to prevent infection
    *Can be used as a mouth wash (should not be swallowed)
    *Used as a wound irrigator solution to clean wounds,
    * Can be applied as a wet-to-moist dressing for wounds. The body’s own wound-healing tissues and fluids can decrease the antibacterial effect of Dakin’s solution. Therefore, this daily for minor wounds and twice daily for heavily draining or contaminated wounds… Additionally, protect the surrounding healthy skin with a moisture barrier ointment (i.e. petroleum jelly) or skin sealant as needed to prevent irritation.
    vitality toward more energetic expressions of love, I humbly offer my favorite aphrodisiac tea recipe.

Love Motion Potion1/2- ounce Damiana
    1/2- ounce Siberian Ginseng
    1/2- ounce Ashwagandha
    1/8- ounce Licorice root
    1/12- ounce Prickly Ash bark
    Mix the herbs well. Bring to boil 1.5 pints of water, add the herbs and simmer for five minutes on a very low flame. Strain. Served hot or iced, this tea invigorates your senses, uplifts your spirits and gets your juices flowing!

Love Motion Potion is geared for Women as well as Men. This tea can be quite energizing, so...drink it in the evening ONLY if you are planning some exciting late night activities!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------LOVE TEA
    -Boil two cups of water.
    -While water is boiling pour liquid rose petals, Spearmint, licorice root, and hawthorn herb in water.
    -Then stir in the pinch of coriander, cinnamon, and nutmeg and add a toach of vanilla to taste.
    -Cover and turn heat down to simmer for three minutes.
    -Take tea off heat, stir and let stand for five minutes.
    -Pour into mugs and sit with your loved one for a nice conversation while sipping tea. Let things go from there.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  10. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    homemade diaper rash cure
    mix milk of magnesia and corn starch in equal amounts to make a cream consistency. apple liberally to baby.
    Amish Cough Syrup
    mix equal parts of lemon juice, honey and castor oil.
    ADULTS: take 1- tablespoon per day
    CHILDREN OVER 2 YEARS OLD: take 1- teaspoon per day

NOTE: we use this all the time, it works well!
    FOR BURSITIS
    Mix 3- drops of rosemary
    3- drops geranium
    3- drops eucalyptus with 1- tablespoon carrier oil, and rub gently into the area.
    DANDRUFF
    add 3- drops of tea tree oil to 2- tablespoons of your regular shampoo, unless you enjoy spending lots of $$$$ for the shampoo that contains tea tree oil. your choice :b
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    2% tincture of iodine (safe water)
    there are a number of methods here is one using ordinary 2% tincture of iodine. Add 3- drops of tincture of iodine to each quart of clear water or 6- drops to each quart of cloudy water. Stir or shack well, let stand for 30 minutes
    NOTE: all bacteria will be killed but the water will be a brownish - red color from the iodine and it will have a slight taste of iodine as well, to neutralize this after letting it stand 30- minutes add 1- tablet of vitamin C to a quart and let stand another 20 minutes.
    pregnant woman and people with thyroid problems should NOT use this method to purify there water.

-------------------------------------------------------------

11. Fishrarr

Fishrarr Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Thanks again for posting up more very useful and worth while information. Tom.

12. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Fishrarr, as i posted these i thought of you, you have been a GREAT support for me weather you know it or not. :1:

13. Branm008

Branm008 Guide

Blog Posts:
    Right on, I keep coming back to this thread just to browse.

I did give my sister a note relating to some of the baby info you posted for my nephew, so definite thank you for that.

-Brandon

14. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:

15. Fishrarr

Fishrarr Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for the kind words. I think that this information is very good to know and keep around as one never knows when one will need to look after a loved one or oneself due to issues with money, access to medical help or meds. It's sort of like a rain gear, you never know you need it until it's pouring cats and dogs, then you are so happy that you had it tucked a way in your pack or car. Tom.

16. Fishrarr

Fishrarr Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Mommy Magic, I was wondering if you had time to post some of your wonderful recipes and if you had anything for gout that would help an old guy out. Thanks, Tom.

17. sherlockian100

Blog Posts:
    I want more

18. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Supporter Supporter Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    Need my recipe fix!!! :(

19. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    ohhhhh you so sweet, ill round up some more

20. Bravo Tango

Bravo Tango Scout

Blog Posts:
    I love this thread!!! Thank you

21. Nature Boy

Blog Posts:
    Must.....get...out....of....William....Shatner....mode....need....recipe.....fix!........

22. Agrafagr

Agrafagr Tinder Gatherer

Blog Posts:
    you are right

Your comment is very good:)

23. whitewater4x4

whitewater4x4 Tracker

Blog Posts:
    mommy magic Thank you so much for posting . My dance partner and I have both started getting into wild crafting and bushcrafting and I am going to pass these to her and my folks and anyone else I can . Thank you again and may your powder alway be dry .
    Jon

24. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Tea Recipe for Seasonal Allergies
    Give this tea a try the next time allergies are getting you down

2- parts Nettle Leaf
    2 -parts Eyebright
    1 -part Elder Flowers
    1 -part Yarrow
    1- part Comfrey Leaf (optional)

Combine the herbs in a container. Bring water to a boil and place herbs in the water (1-2 tsp. herbal mixture per cup of water) , removing pan from burner. Let steep 15-20 minutes, or overnight for a stronger infusion. Strain herbs. Drink hot or cold. Drink 1 cup 3 times a day - this will help the herbs work in your system continually and bring relief throughout the day.
    *1 part to 2 parts herb means if you combined 1/4 a cup of yarrow and elder flowers, you would add 1/2 cup of eyebright and nettle leaf. Mix these herbs in a container and keep on hand to make a tea as often as needed.

25. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Oil For Nasal Dryness1- teaspoon olive oil
    10- drops oregano oil ( this is the 1;3 diluted stuff- it is diluted with olive oil)

TO USE: cover Q-tip or pinky finger with oil and insert into the nostrils.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rashes And Chaffing Bath
    ( Antiseptic / healing)
    3- parts lemon
    2- parts lavender
    1- part Chamomile
    TO USE: put 2 to 4 drops in warm bath water.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cough Medicine

( suppressant / expectorant )
    1/4- teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
    1/4- teaspoon ground ginger
    1- tablespoon apple cider vinegar
    1- tablespoon honey
    2- tablespoons warm water
    Mix all together well, take 1-2 tablespoons every hour as needed.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    found this, thought could be useful...............

Baby Animal Formula
    keep in refrigerator. Stir or shake well when feeding.
    4- oz evaporated milk
    1- egg yolk
    4- oz water
    1- teaspoon oil (crisco vegetable oil or any kind)

Mix the following ingredients well and keep in refrigerator. Stir or shake well when feeding. This baby animal formula was given to our family by an old vetranarian who has long since passed on. We've used this formula on puppies, kittens, piglets, and squirrels and bunnies! Simple to make and keeps well. We haven't needed to try it on our little goats but if we ever run out of goat milk we know what to use. The only problem we had with it was with the baby pig I believe, it was a little too rich, so we left out the oil.

26. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    ok fellow friends, i will be looking for more medicine recipes but was woundering .......... i have lots other recipess like home made cleaning supplys, homemade MRE's ,home made drink mixes, season mixes and thing like that, would anyone be interested? i know not on this thread but any suggestions where? now remember my recipes are NOT mine, ive heard, read books, net, and gotten some friends and even streangers, but they are recipes i have collected and put in a binder to make my life a little easyer

27. Fishrarr

Fishrarr Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the recipes, so glad you are still putting the recipes out there again. I will have to gather the stuff for the allergy tea together and make it. I make a similar tincture using 30% eyebright, 30%nettle, 15% yarrow, 15% golden seal, works great, but you should not take it for more than 6 weeks in a row as it has golden seal that is best kept to a minimum as it can create other problems. Using it this way I’ve had no problems at all for probably 15 years or so in the yearly flowering season. Tom.

28. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Fishrarr, please make sure that you post your oppinion on it after you have tryed it, nice seeing ya again

29. Branm008

Branm008 Guide

Blog Posts:
    Honestly I think you should just include all of your stuff in this thread here but that is just me, I am lazy when it comes to looking for things on the net.

But you could get in touch with Guy or one of the other moderators and they could tell you were to put that other thread for the misc recipes and info ya got.

Yet again keep up this awesome thread, I have used some of them on my nephew for his rash and scrapes, and he always bounces back.

-Brandon

30. Nature Boy

Blog Posts:
    I agree with Branm008. your thread, whatever recipes you post is appreciated.

31. Fishrarr

Fishrarr Tracker

Blog Posts:
    It may be a while before I can give opinion, as tomorrow I am off on a 3/4 month canoe and camping trip all going well, but I will comment when I can. Thanks again for posting. Blessings, Tom.

32. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    wow, that will be some trip, stay safe

33. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Well, me personally, id like to post all the recipes that i have in one place, i hope this is ok with the mods. if not please let me know where to post them and thats what ill do.... till then enjoy...............

Indian Lemonade
    2- cups of sumac berries (red ones, NOT white ones, white ones are poisonous)
    2- liters of hot water
    sugar

Indian lemonade is made by soaking the red Sumac berries in hot water from the
    faucet. Don't use boiling water, and don't wash them or you'll wash
    away all the goody. use about 2- cups of berries to 2- liters of
    water. Remove the stems, soak the berries for half an hour,stirring
    occasionally. Thenstrain the juice, to get rid of the hair,through a
    couple of layers of cloth- an old sheet, a pillowcase, or a jelly
    bag, and then a second time through a coffee filter. add sugar or
    other sweetener to taste. presto! Indian Lemonade!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rubber Candy

1- cup sweetened indian lemonade
    2- envelopes of unflavored gelatin

Bring one cup indian lemonade, already sweetened, just to a boil.
    Add 2- envelopes of unflavored gelatin, and mix until completely
    dissolved. Pour into an 8X8 or 8X10 baking pan,and refrigerate for
    about an hour. Cut and serve.
    NOTE: there is ONLY one species of Sumac that is poisonous, and it
    can not be mistaken for the edible ones. All edible ones have
    berries in a terminal clusters in some shade of red.Poison Sumac has
    white berries.
    Rose Tobacco (Oregon Trail Rose Candy)
    A treat prepared for children as a candy on the Oregon Trail.

2- cups loosly packed fresh pesticide-free rose petals
    1- cup packed light brown sugar
    3- tablespoons brandy

alternate layers of brown sugar and rose petals in the jelly
    jar,beginning with brown sugar.
    pour the brandy over, put lid on, and put in frig. for at least a
    couple months.

NOTE: this recipe makes 1 jar and is 1 serving size.
    60 days/ 5 min. prep/ 1 jar
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Indian Cattail Spoon Bread
    this moist bread is traditionally served with a spoon.

1/2- cup butter
    2- cups fresh flower buds or cattail on the cob
    1/2- cup diced onion
    1/2- cup diced green pepper
    salt
    1- cup sharp cheese
    pinch of chili powder

preheat oven: 400 degrees F. melt butter in skillet and add cattail buds, onions,green pepper, and salt.
    saute for 5 minutes or until tender. pour into greased baking dish.
    sprinkle with cheese and chili powder. bake until cheese melts. spoon onto plate while hot.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  34. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Grandma Porter's Crepes
    ( spring rolls )

1 1/2- cups milk
    1 1/2- cups flour
    2- tablespoons vegable oil
    3- eggs
    1/8- teaspoon salt

Make crepes on crep make..........
    FILLING- 1/2- pound of carrots
    1- head of cabbage
    2- eggs
    1- tablespoon salt and pepper
    1 1/2- pounds hamburger
    1- onion.
    Mix above together well and wrap in crepes. Cook in oil SLOW!!!
    :44:Snickerdoodle Coffee Mix:44:
    1/2- cup sugar
    1/2- cup powdered milk
    1/4- cup powdered non-dairy creamer
    1/4- cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    3- tablespoons instant coffee granules
    1/4- teaspoon allspice
    1- teaspoon ground cinnamon

Mix together well, store in airtight container. TO USE: Add 3- tablespoons of mix to 3/4- cup boiling water.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    :44:Swiss Mocha Mix:44:

1- cup instant coffee
    1- cup sugar
    2- cups non-fat dry milk
    4- teaspoons cocoa powder

TO USE: Add 1- tablespoon of mix to 1- cup hot water.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  35. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    oh ya all want more of those?

36. Branm008

Branm008 Guide

Blog Posts:
    This is perfect timing! My nephew is coming down Thursday for a week,
    so now I can treat "er...spoil" him to some real cocoa.. He is too young for a Swiss army knife so this will have to do for now.

You already know I want more, keep em coming, I see no objections from anyone saying no.
    I also made some of that potato soup to go you sent the recipe for, made it for work and school really,
    microwaves at both places in lue of a camp fire. It is wonderful, it really is, so much better than instant potatoes in the box.

-Brandon

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  37. KURGAN44

KURGAN44 Scout

Blog Posts:
    This is awesome thnx for sharing this. My grandmother used a lung fever salve like this one. It saved my mother and her brother when they were terribly ill as children. My grandmother never wrote anything down so much of it was lost when she passed. Thnx again!

38. KURGAN44

KURGAN44 Scout

Blog Posts:
    P.S. My grandmother was from Penn. Dutch descent. :)

39. injun51

injun51 Guide

Blog Posts:
    Totally love this thread. Just want to say Thanks, and give huge props to MOM for taking the time to write all of these down for us. It is very appreciated.

40. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    i love checking here and seeing that you all love the recipes! it keeps me posting more! well ive already sent the potatoe soup to go mix recipe to Branm008 and youall heard him , he likes it so here youall go........

POTATO SOUP TO GO MIX
    Stir together the following ingredients, and store them in an airtight jar:
    1 3/4 -cups instant potato flakes
    1 1/2 -cup dries powdered milk
    2- tablespoons. chicken bullion granules
    2- teaspoons parsley
    1 1/2- teaspoons dried onion flakes
    1 1/2 -teaspoons seasoned salt
    1/4- teaspoons paprika
    1/4 -teaspoons thyme
    1/8 -teaspoons turmeric

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until mixed.
    Store in a 1 quart, airtight jar.

To make soup:
    Put 1/2 cup mix into a bowl. Add 1 cup boiling water.
    Creamy Chicken And Rice

1- cup dry instant rice
    1/2- package of mushroom soup mix
    1/2- package of onion soup mix
    1- teaspoon dry milk
    1- can chicken (5 oz.)
    1 1/2- cups of water
    ATHOME: Mix dry ingredients at home, store in plastic zip lock bag.
    TO USE: Boil water, Add rice mixture and stir in chicken. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Southwest Chicken Wraps

1- can of chicken (5 oz.) OR a can of tuna
    1- mayo condiment packet
    1- Salsa condiment packet
    2- flour tortillas

Mix chicken OR tuna, mayo and salsa together, spread on tortillas and roll.
    Cafe Vienna Mix
    1- cup instant coffee
    1 1/3- cups sugar
    1 1/3- cups non- fat dry milk
    1- teaspoon cinnamon

TO USE: Add 1- tablespoon of mix per cup of hot water.
    Cinnamon - N - Spice Mix
    2/3- cup instant coffee
    1 1/3- cups sugar
    1/2- teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2- teaspoon nutmeg
    1/2- teaspoon allspice

TO USE: Add 1- tablespoon of mix per cup of hot water.
    this one is one of my favs, everyone loves this one!

Peach Tea Mix

1- cup instant tea
    1- small package peach flavored jello mix ( or any flovor you like)
    2- cup sugar

To Use: Add 2-3 heaping tablespoons to 1- cup hot water.
    another favoret , everyone loves this one too, great for colds too.....

Russian Refresher Mix
    2- cups powdered orange drink mix (i use tang, its got lots vit. C)
    1- ( 3 oz.) powdered lemonade mix
    1 1/3- cups sugar
    1- teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2- teaspoon ground cloves
    Mix all together well and store in a air tight container in a cool, dry place. TO USE: Add 2-3 teaspoons of mix to 1 cup hot water. enjoy
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sunrise Spuds
    2- tablespoons dry milk
    ¼ -cup powdered cheese
    2 -tablespoons bacon bits
    1 -cup dehydrated potato flakes

BEFORE CAMP: Combine all dry ingredients. Store in plastic bag.
    AT CAMP: Boil water. Add water to ingredients until desired consistency is achieved.

41. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Curried Rice

1- cup instant rice
    1/2- Tablespoon curry powder
    1- Tablespoon dried onion flakes
    1/2 Tablespoon chicken or vegetable bouillon
    1/4- Tablespoon sugar
    1/2- teaspoon garlic powder
    1/8- teaspoon ground turmeric
    Chopped cashews, Salt to taste (optional)
    At home: Combine everything in a quart freezer zip lock bag. If you are bringing a foil pack of chicken, carry that separately.
    On the trail: Bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Add to rice mix and steam inside bag for 1-2 minutes or until the rice is tender. Serve topped with chopped cashews.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instant Oatmeal Packets
    1/4- cup quick cooking oats
    2 -Tablespoons powdered old fashioned oats
    1- Tablespoon dry milk, soy or rice milk powder
    1/8- teaspoon kosher salt (if desired)
    Put 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats at a time in a blender or mini food processor and blend on high until broken apart and somewhat powdery. Set aside in a small bowl, and repeat procedure if you are making a bigger batch. TO USE: Add 3/4 cup near boiling water. Stir, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 5 minutes. Variations:
    Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal: 1-Tablespoon sugar, 1/4-teaspoon cinnamon and 2-Tablespoon diced dried apples.
    Sweetened Oatmeal: 1-Tablespoon sugar.
    Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Oatmeal: 1-Tablespoon brown sugar and 1/4-teaspoon cinnamon.
    Raisins and Brown Sugar Oatmeal: 1-Tablespoon packed brown sugar and 1-Tablespoon raisins.
    Hippy Oatmeal : 2-Tablespoon wheat germ and 1-Tablespoon diced toasted pecans.
    Peaches and Cream Oatmeal: 1-Tablespoon full fat dry milk and 2 -Tablespoon diced dried peaches.
    Confetti Oatmeal: 1-teaspoon decorative cake/cookie sprinkles.
    S'More Oatmeal: 6-miniature marshmallows and 1-Tablespoon chocolate chips.
    Cookies and Cream Oatmeal: 1-crushed chocolate stuffed cookie and 1-Tablespoon full fat dry milk
    Septic Tank Treatment (cleaner)
    (effective cleaner for septic tank, and will NOT) harm the system?)
    2- cups brown sugar
    5- cups warm water
    1- tablespoon baker's yeast
    TO USE: Pour sugar and yeast into warm water, stir til dissolved. Pour the solution into the toilet and flush. Wait 30 minutes before flushing again to allow the yeast time to work.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    every man should have this recipe for there woman.....;)

Chocolate Cake In A Cup Mix
    1- cup flour
    3/4- cup sugar
    1 1/2- teaspoons baking powder
    1/4- cup powder milk
    1/4- cup cocoa
    1- dash salt
    Combine all dry ingredients. Mix well. Store in airtight container.
    TO USE: Mix 4- tablespoons of mix with 2- tablespoons water in a mug, you can add chocolete chips if disired. Cook in microwave for 30- 40 seconds. Your cake should look dry on top. If your not sure use a spoon to pull the sides of the cake away from mug and see if bottom is wet. Let rest for 2- minutes, top with chocolete syrup/ sauce, whipped cream, or powdered sugar. serve warm

42. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    OK folks, ive tested this on the DH and it works! His shoes/boots STINK :26:, OMG there bad so i put sage in them. i read that is you put sage in your shoes that it kills the oder causing bactiria, will they dont stink! soooooooo the recipe today is simple..................SAGE :dblthumb:
    now to put sage in my vibrams (5 toes):4: before my 5 toes i went to work with no shoes

43. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    well folks, the old man (DH) hasnt been sleeping in a few days, its the restless leg syndom, so i put a bar of fels neptha under the fitted sheet on his side of the bed, well.............................. it works! he said it was the best sleep ever and thats saying alot beens he got 2 sleeping disorders, anyway he told me to LEAVE IT THERE!!!!!!!!!!

44. sherlockian100

Blog Posts:
    I'm glad you tested that. I'm also glad to hear it works.

45. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    ha no prob! now i think im going to sew a little pocket on the bottom of all the fitted sheets. putting it under the fitted sheet is fine BUT the soap tends to work out as the DH is 6 foot 4 :9:.

46. Scott Allen

Scott Allen Guide

Blog Posts:
    Can you elaborate a little on how this is supposed to work, where you put the bar, and what are the benefits?

Thanks,
    Scott

47. Branm008

Branm008 Guide

Blog Posts:
    Agreed. I get restless leg syndrome when I have a long day at work, not sure why only then. I tried some solutions for it but nothing has worked so far. I will have to give this one a try.

-Brandon

48. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    how it works? i don't know, the DH said i did some voo doo on it lol ( i let him believe what he wants to on this ONE!) but fur real........ just take the bar of soap out of the wrapper and set it at the foot of your bed (between the mattress and the fitted sheet) thats it! easy pesy;) Ive done it for the DH and for our 20 year old son. they both thought i lost my mind, but the next morning they said it worked and not to make the beds without it anymore!

this remedy came from sherlockian100, this is what he wrote (i think on page 6),,,,,,,,,,,,

Regarding restless leg syndrome...I heard (and then did a web search and it seems to have some validity) that if you put a bar of soap down by your feet while sleeping, under the blankets, that it helps resltless leg. Do a web search, there is a lot of chatter about it. I'm not sure why it helps, but they say it does.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  49. mommy magic

mommy magic Tracker

Blog Posts:
    CURE FOR HYDROPHOBIA (rabies

William H. Reed, writing for the Gazette, says that he knows of over fifty cases of hydrophobia that have been cured by the following remedy, which can be taken at any time after the bite, but the sooner the better, although he has known of some cases that were cured when the rabies were present:
    Take one and a half ounces of elecampane root, grind it fine (a coffee mill will do), put the ground root in a pint of new milk, boil down to a half pint, take it at one dose in the morning, and fast till 4:00 P.M. on the same day. Repeat this every other day for three days, making three doses in all. The last two doses may consist of two ounces of the root to the pint of milk. It is important that it be taken on an empty stomach, also that nothing should be eaten till from 8 to 10 hours after taking.

50. Nicekisskitty

Nicekisskitty Tracker

Blog Posts:
    This is awesome! Thank you!