Need help finding stove pipe

Discussion in 'Homesteading' started by dads2vette, Oct 26, 2016.

1. dads2vette

dads2vette Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I've been looking for 6" double walled stove pipe at all the usual places and haven't had much luck. Home Depot has some but not all parts and the same can be said of online stores as well. Biggest problem I'm having is getting a double wall 90 degree angle. Places that have that piece are much pricier than other stores. If I have to go that route, so be it but, I'd like to get all my pipe from one place at a not-astronomical price. Anyone have a lead on an outlet for stove pipe?

2. lodge camper

lodge camper Scout

Blog Posts:
    you mean insulated stainless steel type or just double wall black stove pipe? you can make the black double wall.

3. dads2vette

Blog Posts:
    Double wall black stove pipe. Will attach to the free standing wood stove into 90 degree double wall angle and out of the wall. I'm pretty handy but am unsure on how to make a safe double wall stove pipe.

4. lodge camper

lodge camper Scout

Blog Posts:
    maybe 6" single wall with larger elbow slipped over with some spacers riveted between to keep desired air space? good luck.

5. Kuhlwind

Kuhlwind Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Hello,
    I googled black double walled stove pipe elbow. Got several hits... Here's one:
    Jet.com - Prices Drop As You Shop
    If I'm not supposed to put a link in my reply I will start a conversation. I'm sure I could find you pipe too. I found out double walled is not cheap. :) Regards

dads2vette likes this.
  6. dads2vette

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the link. I forgot about this, should've updated it.

Dumb luck found me picking up a triple wall thru the wall kit with chimney stack for just over $50 at a local auction. I was stunned that it was the exact kit that Home Depot sells for just over $400. I had the pieces in my online cart when I saw them listed on the auction website. It made looking for cheaper solutions unnecessary.

7. Kuhlwind

Kuhlwind Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Sweet!! Nothing like a good score. Glad you got it sorted out. I'm really glad we have the stove going today. Its pretty cold out, with the wind chill. Regards!!