Possible natural cancer treatment?

Discussion in 'Bush Medicine' started by Northernhunter, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Walt Kowalski

Walt Kowalski Scout

Blog Posts:
    Harper, you are a wealth of information. Thank you so much!

2. WoodGnome

WoodGnome Woodgnome Supporter

Blog Posts:
    No offense, but why would you buy that as capsules for about 60 bucks when you can just use Turmeric as a spice on a regular basis (curries) for a fraction of that price...?

3. Harper

Harper Guide

Blog Posts:
    I wouldn't. I get them on sale. There is also more of an active ingredient, curcumin, in this form which you don't get in the natural form of Turmeric.

The capsules are more convenient if you take them three times a day or you are not home. Also, I wouldn't want to eat curry every day.

4. WoodGnome

WoodGnome Woodgnome Supporter

Blog Posts:
    That's true, I give you that. It is more convenient and you probably won't sweat curry taking those. :4:

5. OL' OutLaw

OL' OutLaw Guide

Blog Posts:
    for those of you who are dealing with, or may be dealing with Cancer, do a search for "Bloodroot" or "Black Salve"...

Our family, and many others nowadays, have been using it for many years......

one acquaintance had terminal prostate cancer....(Dr. told him to go home and die), ...found out about Bloodroot, took it,
    and is alive and well 10 years later.....wife's used it, I've used it.......

6. x39

x39 Guide

Blog Posts:
  7. Vanitas

Vanitas Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Chaga extract not chaga tea though. Apparently the cancer fighting properties are not water soluble. Also chaga isn't commercially viable to farm as it wont have these chemicals unless grown on live birch trees :(

8. Vanitas

Vanitas Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    That sounds delicious.

9. Seacapt.

Seacapt. Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    In Chaga tea both the pith and the bark and weather boiled or steeped have different properties as to how they interact with different organs and skin conditions.

10. Coryphene

Coryphene Guide

Blog Posts:
    I suspect if/when/hopefully the entire world will take the profit out if peoples' health we will see a BUNCH more cures and cheap/easy treatments for many MANY ailments hit the market and get proper medical documentation rather then just, "I heard someone say their relative had a friend who ate XYZ to cure their disease."

Don't confuse "natural" with "safe". Deathcap mushrooms, red tide shellfish, pufferfish toxin and ricin are plenty natural but I wouldn't eat them.

11. MojoSlim

MojoSlim He Kanaka Pohaku Supporter

Blog Posts:
    This is a very interesting subject. I am reminded of a TED Talk by Paul Stamets (who runs a company called FungiPerfecti which sells medical mushrooms under the brand name Host Defense) about the medicinal (anti-tumor, anti-viral, anti-microbial, and anti-bacterial) properties of different mushrooms. There are a few TED talks that he has done, and one focused on a study done on Turkey Tail (Trametes versicolor) and its specific curative properties for Breast Cancer. Very informative talks:

6 Ways Mushrooms can Save the World (TED Talk): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI5frPV58tY
    Paul Stamets TEDMed Talk (Turkey Tail and Breast Cancer covered): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXHDoROh2hA

There also seems to be increased interest in different chemical compounds found in Cannabis that appear to have tumor fighting properties (i.e., CBD and THC).

Geoffrey likes this.
  12. Badey

Badey Supporter Supporter Bushcraft Friend Bushclass I Bushclass II

Blog Posts:
  13. Harper

Harper Guide

Blog Posts:
    I read that this morning.

It's unfortunate that there people who profit off the suffering of others. This is an example of an individual. Unfortunately, it goes far beyond individuals.

IMO, eating wholesome food is a great help. But promoting it by this type of deception is unacceptable. She'll probably get off with a slap on the wrist because she is cute.

However, his doesn't mean that there are not natural products which can help.

Badey likes this.
  14. PMSteve

PMSteve Old Time Outdoorsman Supporter

Blog Posts:
    My Sister-in-Law tried treating her Diabetes with herbal/holistic medicine. After 16 months, she had two toes, then the other three on her left foot amputated. Then four months ago, her right foot was amputated mid-shin. She claims that she can feel the herbs working. She also claims that she's lost weight because of the herbal treatment. I don't know what five toes and half a leg weigh, but she just may be right about the weight loss. She still refused to take insulin.

Smart girl! Hardly anyone in the family can stand her, so she's just fading away, one chunk at a time.

Steve

lodge camper likes this.
  15. Harper

Harper Guide

Blog Posts:
    This is an update on one of my previous posts.

Today was a good day!

I went with the relative of mine that I spoke about in Post #33 to see a surgeon regarding a problem with that person's pancreas. Since I last wrote about this, my relative has had a DNA test, more blood work and another CAT scan of the area.

There was no cancer present.

The size of the cyst was reduced by half.

There were still abnormalities present which might--or might not-- turn cancerous at some point in the future. Even if the worst should occur, it is typically a question of years with this kind of thing--not weeks or months.

Because of age and other factors, the surgeon recommended no surgery in this case. If I am any judge of character, he appeared to do so rather reluctantly. That surgery would have involved the removal of a portion of the pancreas and the removal of a perfectly healthy spleen.

He recommended that we continue to monitor things going forward.

The only things that the individual was taking during these intervening months were the herbs that I described in Post #33. No treatment was prescribed by the doctors since things were still in the diagnostic phase. But they were all pretty sure--but not 100% positive--that it was cancer. It wasn't--and the cyst is shrinking. Make of that what you will.

It may have been the hand of the Lord, His healing herbs or some combination of the two. I don't know. I'm simply grateful.

Thank you to all who have offered prayers on behalf of my family.

Today was a good day!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  16. Harper

Harper Guide

Blog Posts:
  17. arleigh

arleigh Guide

Blog Posts:
    I am told that one's PH has a great deal to do with cancer and correcting that PH can in some cases reverse it.
    Certain foods turn ascetic , and this messes with one's PH making them a host for cancer issues.
    I am told too that taking baking soda will work toward fighting cancer.
    Some report that injecting baking soda next to tumors causes them to shrink and disappear ,as cancers depend on an ascetic environment. .