Rossi .38 Special model 35102... any input on this handgun?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by x39, Mar 16, 2013.

1. x39

x39 Guide

Blog Posts:
    Looks like I'm going to be the owner of a Rossi .38 Special snubbie. Any of you guys have any experiences good or bad with these? Thanks!

2. Ahnkochee

Ahnkochee Bushmaster

Blog Posts:
    Not with that particular model but I did own a Rossi model 971 revolver in 357 magnum, and it was a very reliable, accurate, and smooth operating revolver. The fit and finish did not quite match my S&W 686 but at half the price all I was more concerned with it's smoothness and reliability which it delivered. It served me very well and I wish I still had it but a buddy of mine who lives off the grid on Maui had is home burn down along with all his firearms so I sold it to him along with some ammo for a song so he could continue hunting pigs with his hounds to feed his family. I also owned a 357 Ruger Blackhawk so I wasn't left 357 magnum-less. I owned a couple other Rossi arms and consider them as great values.

3. x39

x39 Guide

Blog Posts:
    I'm coming into this thing right, so I'm hoping it's a good shooter. As the old saying goes, "Waddya want for nothin'? Yer money back?" LOL!

4. medic68

medic68 Scout

Blog Posts:
    I have that model and several of their other revolvers. As mentioned, it ain't a Smithie but it will do the job and is a ery utilitarian tool.

5. Friend of Crows

Friend of Crows Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I have the Rossi 38 special R85104 (not a snubby) and have been happy with it. It's a real nice shooter, and rugged sidearm for the woods.

6. x39

x39 Guide

Blog Posts:
    Cool, I just picked mine up. Looks real nice but I haven't shot it yet. I will this weekend, I'll post a brief review. Thanks! By the way, great username, I have a small flock of crows (5) that hangs around my place and is very tame. They're fun to have around and are the only reason I don't try the gun out in my back yard.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  7. Friend of Crows

Friend of Crows Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I really have an affinity for crows. That's nice of you not disturb the crows you have living in your yard. They're a lot of fun to watch because they're highly intelligent animals, and even have play behavior... which most birds don't. I live in a residential area, but I feed the crows around here with leftover scraps in the drainage field behind our complex. My wife, and probably neighbors too, think I'm a weirdo...

Good luck with new gun, I think you'll like it. :13: