snowshoe webbing

Discussion in 'General Bushcraft Discussion' started by randyt, Oct 28, 2009.

1. randyt

randyt Guide

Blog Posts:
    the time has come for me to restring my snowshoes. i'm conflicted on what to use. i'd like to use rawhide but i don't have time right now to process some hides into rawhide. although deer season is right around the corner and i'll have all the hides i want but still the time situation.

then i was reading a book by gil gilpatrick and he recommends nylon twine, masonry twine for the toe and heel and then 1/8" or so for the middle. the nylon twine is low cost.

any thoughts on this? is there a place to buy rawhide lace on line?

2. Sgt. Mac

Sgt. Mac Elder Staff Member Administrator Supporter Bushclass I Bushclass II Bushclass Instructor

Blog Posts:
  3. Pawoodsman

Pawoodsman Guide

Blog Posts:
    I was just on faber snowshoes site they seal the rawhide lacing I just got a pair on ebay not what I wanted but will work I have to fix a web and add holes to binding strap just hope they hold up they are to be vintage but don't think indians used much plastic hehee

4. Leif

Leif Staff Staff Member Super Moderator Vendor Bushclass I Bushclass Instructor

Blog Posts:
    Sgt. Mac is on the ticket! Just buy the lacing. Nothing like true rawhide lacing on shoes!