Swedish LK35SJ Medic's Pack or Rucksack

Discussion in 'Gear Deals' started by rescout, Feb 22, 2013.

1. rescout

rescout Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Major Surplus has this "Swedish Tubular Frame Medical Pack" bag (new, unissued) for $20. Some descriptions also call this a Ranger's backpack, though that is really what the LK70 is. Anyway, after buying some LK35's and LK50's last fall, I was interested in this "half-pack" version. The ones I received in fact appear to be unissued, and even free of all but the slightest hint of "stored forever" musty odor. The leather part of the hip belt is unused and in good shape but probably could use a treatment of lexol. The stamping on the shoulder strap is feint, but the one under the lid is better: Haglofs, 1988.

Two other notes: unlike alot of websites, Major Surplus lets you specify whether you are shipping to a residence or business - this saved me about seven bucks on shipping. They also have used LK35's for $15 and a "Royal Crown Backpack", condition unspecified, "aluminum frame" that appears to actually be the LK50 for $20.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. EternalLove

EternalLove Scout

Blog Posts:
    These look like a swiss version of the U.S. Alice rucksack. Cool.

3. Exy

Exy Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Nice website :)

How does personal or business give you a discount?

Which gives you the discount, because my shipping priced stayed the same.. Residence or Business?

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  4. rescout

rescout Tracker

Blog Posts:
    At one point in checkout for shipping address there is a field that, as I recall, is defaulted to "residence". You can click on it and select "business". UPS charges less to ship to a business that is already a regular stop for them. I don't know if the software can check an address to confirm it is a regular UPS business address or not.