Taking along a helmet?

Discussion in 'Backpacking' started by Swarvegorilla, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Seacapt.

Seacapt. Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    And if your naturally careless or unobservant don't forget to attach the clear and tinted face shields to the helmet, snap backs, widow makers and sun/snow glare are a bitch.

2. teb_atoz

teb_atoz Guide Bushclass I

Blog Posts:
    Agree. If you in a situation where you need a helmet for protection you shouldn't be there with out another.

Cheers

3. PMSteve

PMSteve Old Time Outdoorsman Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Don't get me started on helmets...

Too late! I'm started. Back in the day, a person could do ANYTHING without a helmet. Ride motorcycles, bicycles, horses, etc. Sure, people died or became vegetables, but you know, that's life!

Nowadays, everyone wears helmets for the above activities, and more! Hiking, climbing, walking to the bathroom, having sex, sitting on the porcelain throne, etc. I mean, you just never know.

I fell asleep once sitting on the crapper. I could easily have fallen over and hit my head on the edge of the bathtub. Luckily, I self rescued and caught myself before tragedy struck! It was close!

Sure, a helmet is a good idea. I'd go with a simple full face motorcycle helmet if I were you. People might point and laugh, but with a tinted face shield, they won't know who you are!

Steve

4. Fat Old Man

Fat Old Man Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Only while hunting wascally wabbits!

5. akbound

akbound Scout

Blog Posts:
    I'm not superstitious or anything, but why have you given it any additional thought now? If your spider senses are tingling......just saying!;)

Look at it this way, your head, your consequences, your choice! I believe as long as you are an adult, and it is not employment related, it should be your choice. (The possible exceptions; if you have others dependent upon you, you might also consider their thoughts and/or feelings on the matter.)