The Alaska Wilderness Adventure

Discussion in 'Media Forum' started by BigDon, Feb 23, 2013.

1. BigDon

BigDon Tracker

Blog Posts:
    I'm sure discussion of this movie (The Alaska Wilderness Adventure) has come up before, but I couldn't find it. I stumbled onto this movie on Amazon while checking out no-cost movies and TV shows available to Prime members. When I read the description about how a family moved to remote Alaska to live off the land and in harmony with nature, I immediately thought this was some kind of tree hugger/hippie movie where all the animals get along and the wolves and caribou frolic with one another.

I can say that I was pleasantly surprised to find out that this movie is more of a documentary about the Meader family moving to a remote valley in the Arctic and living off the land. It's about an hour and half long and time flew by while I was watching it. Very interesting techniques they used to preserve their meat. I won't spoil the show for those of you who havent' seen it, but definitely worth watching if you're into living off the land...and I'd guess that most of us here are :)

Not sure if this is on Netflix or not but it is no-cost for Amazon Prime members. You can always sign up for a free 30 day trial, watch the movie and then cancel. It may be other places, but I haven't checked. Personally, I'd rate it as good as 'Alone in the Wilderness'.

2. whoever

whoever Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Good watch. Not quite as good as alone in the wilderness, but close.