Two no see ums military bug nets for under $20!

Discussion in 'Gear Deals' started by Exy, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Exy

Exy Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I received these the other week. They are military surplus, and in perfect condition. They are also the ideal size for me.

I ordered two with combined shipping for $18. Sent priority mail. The seller is an awesome man, super helpful. If your looking for top notch bug nets, this is an incredible deal. You can also trim the net to suit your needs. This guy is basically doing a public service, I don't see him making much money on these at all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/mosquito-bu...pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4606c95560

Hope this helps someone who was in my position. I got it for my double wide woot deal $25 hammock that a lot of us jumped on.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  2. Exy

Exy Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    I'm glad to see some people buying these, the guy is an awesome seller. I got two for $18 shipped with best offer, and they are extremely high quality.

They have tie down lashes, and are large enough to be customized for multiple uses. Real good product.

3. Exy

Exy Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Well I can certainly tell quite a few people here have purchased these,

but I'm not seeing any feedback yet.. I know the guy ships lightning fast.. He thanked me for posting it up here as he got a spike in sales.

Anybody care to comment on the quality of what they received? Are you happy with it? I will try to post some pics of mine next week. All I know is when searching for similar netting, it cost a lot more.. but maybe I was looking in the wrong place. This was the best deal I could find on "no see um" style netting, especially for the size. Got to love military surplus quality/pricing :)

4. notchback

notchback Tracker

Blog Posts:
    Thanks!

Just ordered two of these. Thanks for the lead!

5. madmax

madmax Bushmaster

Blog Posts:
    My wife and I have used these nets on fair nights when the bugs are bad.

6. Citizen

Citizen Banned Member Banned

Blog Posts:
    That things huge, is there a zipper on the bottom? I use a hammock and I'd use it if there is, I'll most likely get it anyway and if there isn't than I can ad one but wow, it's pretty big.

7. 1066vik

1066vik Guide

Blog Posts:
    thanks -- these folks are less than 75 miles from my work, but I'd spend more on fuel to get there and back than 2 nets and shipping will run me.

8. Aven

Aven Banned Member Banned

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for posting about these. I have a few on the way. Plan on doing two TED bugnets for our hammocks and using some of the netting for the baffles in my underquilt.

9. 1066vik

1066vik Guide

Blog Posts:
    that's really kind of brilliant!

10. Aven

Aven Banned Member Banned

Blog Posts:
    I totally agree. I don't know who first came up with it, but it was brilliant. Its light weight and fine enough to slow/keep down from shifting.

The only problem I see with it is that now I won't have any excuse not to start the underquilt.

11. Exy

Exy Supporter Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Glad you guys are snatching them up,

I love mine. Seriously quality product, and yes they are rather large.. Which suits me because I plan to customize mine and basically get the perfect fit for my hammock and a couple other items out of it as well.. Like I head mask and a bag net for washing off the tanning from wild edibles.

12. Ned

Ned Scout

Blog Posts:
    That's a good plan. I find no-see-um bags to be very handy. I had an old military surplus headnet which I stopped using after I got a full bug jacket with hood (an absolutely indispensable item for me now!). Now I use the old headnet as a bag and find it very handy.